Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Oehler 35P Chony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Silver Member

Oehler 35P Chony

Does anyone know where I can get an Oehler 35P Chronograph and for how much?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Silver Member

Re: Oehler 35P Chony

Anyone out there?
Old 09-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Platinum Member

NH,

No one really sells them cheaper than you can get them directly from Oehler.

Was going to add, if a used one is what you're looking for... good luck. Sometimes they can be found, just not too often.

You can start out with a 35 and upgrade later to save some cash, I'd still use a 4' rail though. About $225 if I remember right.

Good luck

[ 09-05-2003: Message edited by: Brent ]
Old 09-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

Brent, what do you mean by a 4" rail? Personally I don't really like used anything so it will be a new one. Thank You How is it way up north where you are, and what are you doing up so late [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ? Too me it would seam like the perfect place to live.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member

Brent is right, you are best to order direct from Oehler - they are super people. The 4 foot rail is a piece of aluminum conduit that holds the skyscreens apart, comes with the machine. I would suggest buying the little tripods from them too, they have the best price for those holders and you need something to hold the screens in place.
The Oehler can be set for any skyscreen spacing, I believe the farther apart the screens are the more accurate your readings.
I would suggest buying the 35P, then you get the printer and permanent records of each shot and the data collection. If you order a 35P buy some spares, including skyscreen bodies and diffuser parts since those things get shotup. They are very cheap, I always keep a complete skyscreen in my kit since you never know when you will wreck one. The skyscreens are very easy to rebuild, they last forever.
Brent suggested the 35, it is a fine chronograph, simply does not have the built in printer. If money is an issue the 35 is fine, but the 35P is by far his best selling model.
You will not regret buying an Oehler, they last "forever" and if there is a problem they are the best people you could deal with for service.
My Oehlers look like they have been dragged behind a truck but they just keep on working. I shoot too many muzzleloader loads through them, the sabots beat the heck out ot the diffusers but I just crazy-glue them back together.
There is some good info in the archives on Oehlers.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member

Brent is right, you are best to order direct from Oehler - they are super people. The 4 foot rail is a piece of aluminum conduit that holds the skyscreens apart, comes with the machine. I would suggest buying the little tripods from them too, they have the best price for those holders and you need something to hold the screens in place.
The Oehler can be set for any skyscreen spacing, I believe the farther apart the screens are the more accurate your readings.
I would suggest buying the 35P, then you get the printer and permanent records of each shot and the data collection. If you order a 35P buy some spares, including skyscreen bodies and diffuser parts since those things get shotup. They are very cheap, I always keep a complete skyscreen in my kit since you never know when you will wreck one. The skyscreens are very easy to rebuild, they last forever.
Brent suggested the 35, it is a fine chronograph, simply does not have the built in printer. If money is an issue the 35 is fine, but the 35P is by far his best selling model.
You will not regret buying an Oehler, they last "forever" and if there is a problem they are the best people you could deal with for service.
My Oehlers look like they have been dragged behind a truck but they just keep on working. I shoot too many muzzleloader loads through them, the sabots beat the heck out ot the diffusers but I just crazy-glue them back together.
There is some good info in the archives on Oehlers.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member

I checked the Oehler site and they send a two foot piece of conduit with each machine, the four foot is optional. Here is a link: http://www.oehler-research.com/cgi-l...55a+1076702455