Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Newbie needs advice....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

I am sure to be at your place by at least Friday.... I think I am addicted to shooting now. Hope you got ALOT of rounds ready!!!! lol... I am going to bring my 280 also just to see how good I can shoot it... You got any extra pet loads i can sling?

How many rounds will that 300 take before it needs to be redone? Just curious... I don't think I will shoot that much.. Just matters how much ammo is available... ha..

I am already researching some glass. Hopefully by or after Christmas I will have some good optics for low light conditions. No big rush tho.. I kinda like the one of it now for just shooting...

DoubleG
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
Okay you got the gun...now you just need to practice practice practice. You know you are always welcome to shoot here and even use my guns to save you some barrel wear. For a change I actually have some loaded rounds around. I usually shoot em all up as soon as I get them loaded.
I had a hard time beating the usual crowd back on that gun. That stock finished off nice.

Adam when you gonna bring that .308 back and shoot some? I got the barrel broke in on that new one and am ready to shoot. Don't be scared, that little group I shot with the .243AI was a fluke. I was holding all over the place because of the wind and just got lucky.

How about this saturday between hunts????

I'AM ALWAYS READY!!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Bronze Member

I am new to this forum....just trying to read all the post before I ask too many stupid questions...that have already been asked and answered!
Great place, VERY helpful people, with very few sarcastic remarks made outside of humor.
But what really impresses me, is the generosity of eddybo! I don't recall the price of the 300, it doesn't really matter, but to make an offer such as that restores some of my faith in this world....well at least to my southern neighbors.

Thank you eddybo, wished I could meet you and your friends, but that would just be a pipe dream. I will just have to keep visiting here.

Thanks guys/gals, LeRoy.

"Teenagers scare the living chit outta me!"
Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Platinum Member

I'm really impressed by the generosity of people on this forum, reminds of when people over on AR helped me set up for reloading.