Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

new to longerange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Silver Member
Re: new to longerange

Put a Leupold on top and never look back.
Now that the scope is out of the way Is this gonna be a cary gun or bench type?
The one with the fancy stool.

Unread 02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Bronze Member

I to would put a Leupold on it!(the best you can afford at the time)

I shoot both the 300 win and 300 Rum,I have hunted a lot more with my 300 win but neither one has let me down.

Its a matter of personel choice, if you dont plan on shooting animals in the next country the big barrel burners arent needed, but when you do need the extra reach your glad you have it!

A lot depends on the kind of terrain you hunt. The more open the country the more gun I like to have with me! Oregonhunter
Unread 02-23-2004, 12:13 AM
new to longerange

I'm think about getting a new rifle and scope. I hunt deer and elk in southeastern British Columbia. I want to extend my range.shots can be anywhere from 100 yards out to as far as you care to shoot. Thanks for any info.
Unread 02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Writers Guild

Welcome to the board fellow Canuck. Whereabouts are you? I am in Summerland, BC and do lots of LR shooting.

Give me an idea of what you rig is and I can supply some insight. Big problem is what is available in Canada vs the US. Leupold is nice but there are some supper deals on Japanese products that are every bit as good/probably better for 1/2 the price.

« 30-06 | .303 loads »