Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Need pistol Info PLEASE!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Need pistol Info PLEASE!

Weight and grip were our deciding factors. Walther has joined our familyI will post some pics of Zach( proud Dad,lol) soon. I have a sports show to head out to in the AM. 3 days of talks in front of the crowd( I think I will drag Zach up with me to bug him a bit,lol) And we are manning the Remington booth.Looking forward to it all,except the talks,lol.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfdoc View Post
Weight and grip were our deciding factors. Walther has joined our familyI will post some pics of Zach( proud Dad,lol) soon. I have a sports show to head out to in the AM. 3 days of talks in front of the crowd( I think I will drag Zach up with me to bug him a bit,lol) And we are manning the Remington booth.Looking forward to it all,except the talks,lol.
Congrats on the Walther. My wife sure loves hers. (so do I, but its pink...shhhh)
Man Id be happier than a bear with a full cookie jar to go do a booth. I love that kind of stuff. Im always runnin into people I know there, no matter what state Im in. Good folks tend to congregate in simmilar places.
Remember your living the dream!!! Most of us regular everyday guys wish we had the resources to do what you do for a living. Ive guided whitewater and fishing trips on the Deschutes, and ''buddy-guided'' friends to bears and deer and elk, and called ducks and elk for buddies, and even been the ''go to'' guy to call at 3AM when a buddy says hey, just got cell service, we got one down WAAAAAAY back in there. wanna help?? I get all kinds of excited just because I love to do it, and its my passion. Remember how lucky you truly are to do what you do for a living, even when its the boring stuff, and youll have fun.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

OH YA , the huntfest went really well. Zach and I worked the Remimington booth.We also did some talks.No pressure but we did the talk before Jim Shockey came on,lol Went alright. Zach stole to show though. EVERYONE knew him as the kid that long range shoots,lol.The second day the public talk was 80% just him and how he hunts critters with pistols and rifles and shot this and that,lol. The crowd loved him. They are getting him back to do his own talks in the bigger show in 2 weeks in Edmonton Alberta.I hope he doesnt leave old Dada to far in the dust,lol.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Very cool! Im glad all went well at the show. Tell Zach congrats on the pistol too, and we're all cheering him on! Public speaking is an acquired tallent, thats not always easy for some folks. Looks like he's getting plenty of practice early, once again good job dad.
Wish you guy's the best

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"