Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

My son's first rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My son\'s first rifle

Here are the pictures of the stock in progress.

The first is a bitmap of the concept stock that I am modeling it after but it won't have the extending stock. This concept stock might not look like much but I have spent many hours tweaking the ideas and the picture. I will eventually build this gun in .280 AI. The actual gun won't look exactly like this one either but I have a very long list of every subtle feature on this stock. The bitmap is just there to help me visualize it better.

These next two pictures are the side view of what I have so far. Nothing amazing but you get the idea.

The last picts are of the barrel channel. I wanted to have more than the abillity to slip a dollar bill between the barrel and the stock. I wanted airspace!

BTW thats not rust. It's sawdust.

I'm hoping to start shaping the contours starting this week. With any luck I will be done in a couple months. Rifle OAL will be just over 32 inches.