Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

My first 300 Win Mag!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Bronze Member

Re: My first 300 Win Mag!

Today felt like being out on the frozen TUNDRA... it was close to 5 degrees F with wind chill.... yea, not want most South Carolinians would want to deal with. (Most Central New Yorkers didn't want to either, just some nut with a 300WinMag and 243 smiling out on the open rifle range! (haha)

By the way, today was my second outing with the 300WinMag. The recoil didn't bother me as much. I know, I hear and read and have come to understand: you have to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot, and get very familiar with your gun... You can't make decisions too early. It still kicks pretty good but I think I will just keep it as it is. No muzzle brake for me, and I had a limbsaver put on one of my shotguns earlier this year and I agree with you, to me they look unfinished/sloppy and won't get another for rifle or shotgun.

I can't wait to get a nice day and leisurely shoot the 300WinMag and see what I can do at 500 Plus yards.... might have to take a drive down to SC... or wait up here until MAY 2005, maybe............ hahaha
Old 11-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

Come on down! I shoot year around here. We have a 1000 yard range, several 300-600 yarders...sakofan..
Old 11-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Bronze Member

I'm green with envy...
But we do have snowshoe wabbits here!!!
er.... did...... haha-haha