Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Movers - strange but true

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Movers - strange but true

Bump,
We shoot right on a moving target - no leads. Have a 4' by 8' backing so that we can catch all the shots, hits and misses. That lets me try to determine actual lead, the bullets hit back of the aiming mark according to speed and distance and form a "moving group".
We also shoot using the mildots and they work well. Have to remember that this is on paper, bucks are a different story all together!
We use Shoot'nSee targets a lot, they are great as you can see the bullet holes so well.
Just loaded 490 rounds this afternoon for our next session.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

Tim,
That is why they make Remington 870's with extension tubes, just fill the air with double-awt-buck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I used to carry one of those suckers for a lot of years, killlingest firearm that I ever used when you were really close.

Probably the most interesting running game shooting that I have done was from the air. I used to get opportunities to shoot fairly significant numbers of running deer from helicopters, found that a mini-14 with lots of mag capacity was the best rig for that job. Those were the good old days, deer were taken for scientific collections such as parasite studies etc. Also did wolves, moose and elk but used a little more rifle for the big critters.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

Life is good in Saskatchewan! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member

Went out today, wind was gusting into the 20+ mph so too windy to setup the movers. Shot some of the "mover-ammo" on my steel plates at 700 yards. 125 Speer hollowpoint made the trip but we are talking serious wind drift. Great way to use up some 30 year old 4895 and RWS primers dated 1973 on the package [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]