Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

More NP-R2 photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Re: More NP-R2 photos

[ 07-11-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Gold Member

At least I know that Brent is safe... Go Team Alaska [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Noticed what looked like a U.S. Optics also probably an 80 mm on the end.

Yes there were quite a few Lupys there, wished that they would have described some of the other weapons also [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thats what got me to thinking since they don't practice out beyond 600 meters are we in trouble?

S1 do you know what ammo they used since the UK team was at a dissadvantage, not knowing how the rounds would work in there guns. Seems like the Canadians would have had the same trouble of importing their own rounds [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 05:15 PM

[ 07-11-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]
Old 06-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Heading out shooting tomarrow, I'll try to get a descent pic or two through the R2 at different ranges. I'll probably shoot at unlazed distances using the R2 for range determination and Exbal for drop data. Going to hit 800, 900 and 1000 yards first to calibrate Exbal with the load I'm using. Interested in what this 300 Ultra will do with ten shot groups at those ranges, should give me a good solid group center at each range too. After that I'll probably bounce around ranging, take a shot and go see... should use the steel for this and probably will. I'll let ya know what my score was! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'll be using hold over for my group shooting and my bouncing around shots here and there. After I know the drop via hold over and range, I'll try to integrate the load to the R2 as well as I can, for as far away as I can and then use the hold under, then I'll go play some more.

First I want to find the actual drop on this load at 1000 and then see if my clicking the MOA in while going on out coralates with the holdover MOA too.

If I get time, I'm goin to cut a large square hole in the end of a bathtub I have and bolt on a piece of plywood as a target to shoot through at LR. I'll put a rubber gasket in between to seal it up, yes it'll be filled with water and setting up on a couple saw horses. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have to compare all these new bullets at LR somehow ya know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
It'll probably give better "relative" results than purely accurate data on expansion at that range. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Gold Member

Brent you didn't put your place up for sale did you? Saw 40 acres with a cabin in Palmer for sale on E-bay.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

No It's not mine, wish I had 40 though.... I'd have a shooting range off the back deck!!!

Sellin the place here might become a reality if they don't call us to work soon. Last word was sometime this week or next... Hurry up and wait!

I'll keep that Ebay in mind if I go to sell. Building this place has taken long enough, don't know if I'd like to do it all over again or not or I probably would....
Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Gold Member

Now they have listed 80 acres no cabin for $51,000 in Palmer. Is that price about right or high?