Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

McMillan stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: McMillan stock

I recieved one a couple of weeks ago that I ordered in Feb..The last 2 that I have ordered were about 12 weeks. Give them a call and ask them the lead time. They are usually right on the money with their projected time. This has been my experience with McM. Good luck with your build.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

That's what has me a little worried mine was supposively ordered in January and projected to be at the shop by April so when I called in April I got the spill about the gun is ready they r just waitining for the stock to show and that is delayed to a bad batch of material.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Bronze Member

What barrrel did you put on it? Hope I see it one of these says...if you ever get that McMillan!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Bronze Member

I just sold my A-5 that I had bought for my Savage 223 Predator Hunter. Never shot the thing but I liked it. Mine was an Edge fill, black with a 5 barrel channel. That stock will soak up a full bull and still look alright.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb204 View Post
I recieved one a couple of weeks ago that I ordered in Feb..The last 2 that I have ordered were about 12 weeks. Give them a call and ask them the lead time. They are usually right on the money with their projected time. This has been my experience with McM. Good luck with your build.
Ditto, just call McMillan. They are always quick to pick up the phone and let you know exactly what's going on.

I don't know your smith, but I do know that the McMillan folks won't BS you.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Silver Member

I believe it is a rock barrel but don't hold me to that. I know it shoots good though my brother in law ordered the same gun right before I did and of course got the last stock they had in stock. His was ready months ago and we took it out and managed a one hole group at 100 yards. Really made me impatient for mine.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Ditto, just call McMillan. They are always quick to pick up the phone and let you know exactly what's going on.

I don't know your smith, but I do know that the McMillan folks won't BS you.
I would have called McMillan but since my smith ordered it not me I figured it would be a hassle to explain. And might get back to the smith who does good work and if he's is plying for more time just so he can take his time I'd hate to rock the boat. Rather have a long wait and good rifle than to rush I'm and get an ok one