Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

MagnetoSpeed.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: MagnetoSpeed.com

Took my new magneto speed out today, It functioned flawlessly. I did have to play with it a little to have it fit properly with the sized barrel I was shooting. I found when I added all the spacers needed it tended to have some raising up at the end of the bayo. The point of impact was changed by about 1+ inch but it did not affect the group size. My main reason for buying this unit was to have constant speed reading and it has accomplished that.

Unread 11-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Gold Member

you guys convinced me......I just ordered one from the LRH store , just have a question....
does it work with muzzle brakes ? some of my wildcat chambered rifles have brakes machined into the barrel ....
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:13 AM
Silver Member

I shot my 338-378 wby mag with the accubrake and it worked great.
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
you guys convinced me......I just ordered one from the LRH store , just have a question....
does it work with muzzle brakes ? some of my wildcat chambered rifles have brakes machined into the barrel ....
The instructions that came with mine say that 4" is the max allowable length of a muzzle brake. I have shot it on my 338LM with an APA FB brake with no issues.