Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Made a mistake,rong stock I think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Made a mistake,rong stock I think

IIWM, I'd stick with the ADL (no floor plate) model.

You can sell the bottom metal here and/or trade for a 21 buck ADL trigger guard. There always seems to be some one looking for BDL bottom metal.

I also think the mag, follower, etc can be used with the ADL. Stick it in there and see how she goes.

The ADL is reported to be just a bit stiffer than the BDL due to lack of the mag opening. In my book, stiffer is better.

Next you could consider an inline (bench rest follower) for shooting single shot if you should desire. Single shooters are better shots anyway.

Good luck on your decision.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member

I have an adl long action trigger guard, box, follower and spring. Even have the small screw that secures the box and the extra guard screw. I will sell it or trade it for your bld or what ever you need to get going. Let me know if I can help, I'm easy.

Jeff
Old 03-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member

Way to go! Broz
Old 03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I have an adl long action trigger guard, box, follower and spring. Even have the small screw that secures the box and the extra guard screw. I will sell it or trade it for your bld or what ever you need to get going. Let me know if I can help, I'm easy.

Jeff
Jeff if you think you have what I need we can work something out. Thanks

JP
Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Hunter View Post
Jeff if you think you have what I need we can work something out. Thanks

JP
I do, and if it does not work just send it back. Send me a pm with your address and I will get it out monday.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

The other option is to cut the bottom of the stock. If you know somebuddy with a mill or are super handy and smooth with a dremel you can cut out the bottom of the stock and it will take the bottom metal. I did this on a Remington VSSF sotck , I liked the stock because it had a wide forend and was light, but Bell & Calrson only made them in ADL config, I picked one up for cheap figuring it wouldnt matter too much if I ruined it, through it ont he mill and went to town.. Everything worked out fine...
Old 03-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Hunter View Post
I just got a laminated stock of stocky's on clearance for my REM 700 300rum. I like the stock but I ordered or they sent the wrong one. This stock has no trap door just wood. I looked on Rem. web site and saw a 700 with out any bottom just a trigger guard.

My question is can I just get a magazine and a trigger guard and new screws to make this work? Or would it just be simpler to sell it and get a new stock. Thanks

JP
Call Stocky's and talk to Don and he will take it back and send you a BDL to replace the ADL
you have.

It sounds like a simple mistake and they will make it right.

J E CUSTOM