Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Made a mistake,rong stock I think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Bronze Member

Made a mistake,rong stock I think

I just got a laminated stock of stocky's on clearance for my REM 700 300rum. I like the stock but I ordered or they sent the wrong one. This stock has no trap door just wood. I looked on Rem. web site and saw a 700 with out any bottom just a trigger guard.

My question is can I just get a magazine and a trigger guard and new screws to make this work? Or would it just be simpler to sell it and get a new stock. Thanks

JP
Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Made a mistake,rong stock I think

It sounds like you got the ADL stock which has no floor plate. You should check to see what you ordered. If you did order the ADL stock then you can still use it your 700 action or you can sell it (porbably right here). If you didn't order it, you should get them to correct the mistake.

-Mark
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
It sounds like you got the ADL stock which has no floor plate. You should check to see what you ordered. If you did order the ADL stock then you can still use it your 700 action or you can sell it (porbably right here). If you didn't order it, you should get them to correct the mistake.

-Mark
So do I have a BDL you think? Not sure what I have is called. Thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Hunter View Post
So do I have a BDL you think? Not sure what I have is called. Thanks
You might have a BDL or SPS or whatever. A stock inleted for a 700 action will fit any of them. With the ADL style, no floor plate.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
You might have a BDL or SPS or whatever. A stock inleted for a 700 action will fit any of them. With the ADL style, no floor plate.
The gun is an SPS. I'm not home to check the order form so I'll check soon. The stock was on clearance so they wont take it back. You think I can make it work with right trigger guard, magazine box and bolts. If I can where can I get parts?
Thanks JP
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

If they gave you the wrong stock, then it shouldn't matter if it was on clearance or not. If you ordered an ADL or didn't specify, then you've got the stock.

Sure, if you get the right mag box, spring and follower and trigger guard it should work if you dont mind cycling the bolt evrytime you unload. You can put an ad in the classifieds here and other places for WTB... and contact gunsmiths. It shouldn't be hard to find what you need.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
If they gave you the wrong stock, then it shouldn't matter if it was on clearance or not. If you ordered an ADL or didn't specify, then you've got the stock.

Sure, if you get the right mag box, spring and follower and trigger guard it should work if you dont mind cycling the bolt evrytime you unload. You can put an ad in the classifieds here and other places for WTB... and contact gunsmiths. It shouldn't be hard to find what you need.

Thanks Montana!