Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Long Range Shooting on Versus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Bronze Member

Long Range Shooting on Versus

Good morning all. There will be an episode titled "Long Range Rifle" on the Versus network(formerly Outdoor Life Network) on Sunday June 5, 8:30AM EST. The show is called Gun Talk. I have not seen the program, the program information states - Tips on Long Range Rifle shooting. Enjoy.

Tim
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range Shooting on Versus

It was a great episode with plenty of tidbits to wet your appetite.

But like most 30 minute TV shows produced for the masses, it was all hype and no useful info.

-- richard
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

I get more from this site than the show I watched.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Bronze Member

Gentleman, thank you for your replies. I am relatively new to the shooting sports and have received an incredible amount of help and support from this site and it's members. I was trying to reciprocate in some small way. I don't have the expertise to give complex advice or suggestions, so I chip in where I can. Many people who visit this site (myself included) are learning about long distance shooting/hunting. I thought the show might encourage their interest and maybe make them want to learn more. New shooters/hunters are the future of shooting/hunting. I want to be an advocate for the shooting sports even as a beginner. I look forward to learning as much as I can from a variety of sources.

Tim
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillietimothy View Post
Gentleman, thank you for your replies. I am relatively new to the shooting sports and have received an incredible amount of help and support from this site and it's members. I was trying to reciprocate in some small way. I don't have the expertise to give complex advice or suggestions, so I chip in where I can. Many people who visit this site (myself included) are learning about long distance shooting/hunting. I thought the show might encourage their interest and maybe make them want to learn more. New shooters/hunters are the future of shooting/hunting. I want to be an advocate for the shooting sports even as a beginner. I look forward to learning as much as I can from a variety of sources.

Tim
Tim,

It was a great contribution. I'm glad that you posted and that I watched it.

It's too bad they didn't mention this website on the show.

-- richard
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott5028 View Post
Tim,

It was a great contribution. I'm glad that you posted and that I watched it.

It's too bad they didn't mention this website on the show.

-- richard
Richard,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you watched and appreciated the contribution. This hobby is addictive, I am currently a 22LR shooter. I recently found a club within an hour that goes out to 600 yards and has any rifle/any sight matches. I will be purchasing my first centerfire soon, finances have not allowed it as of yet. It will be a Savage 11 in .223 w/Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40. I am looking forward to developing my drop chart out to 600 yards. No, I don't plan on shooting anything breathing with a .223 at 600 yards, just target shooting. May try hunting with a .308 in the future, thanks again,

Tim