Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

long range shooting schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 PM

long range shooting schools

I would like to attend a school that teaches long range shooting. I have not found too many schools listed on the net. I am more interested in marksmanship than field craft although I would probably warm up to it. I am an ex Ranger but 50 year old civilian now and would really like to learn some skills. What schools has anyone been to or could recommend? I would be particularly interested in schools around Georgia where I live. Thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Gold Member

Re: long range shooting schools

Although I have not yet attended this school, I have heard many great things about Rifles Only out in Texas.

Last edited by azsugarbear; 02-24-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Bronze Member

If your close to Ft Benning join there rifle club. They don't advertise long range training but I'm sure some of the cadre of the sniper school are members. They may have some leads.
John Whidden of Whidden gunworks is from Ga
Whidden Gunworks
Ask at your local gunsmith if neither of these two are close enough for a Saturday BS session
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member

Look at Shawn Carlocks Long Range School. I have been to several and he is one of the best! ..:efensive Edge - Custom Gunsmithing::.. Do a search on this site with his name and you will see what Shawn can do! I plan on attending one of his advanced schools in the future.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Gold Member

The suggestion to join the Ft. Benning Rifle Club is a good one. I did that a number of years ago and took both rifle and pistol classes there. I learned a lot and had a good time doing it. There were some fantastic marksmen there and a deep pool of knowledge to draw upon.

I am sure that most of the people I was acquainted with at that time have moved on, but I have no doubt that people of the same level of expertise are still there. At the time, they used to have night tactical rifle matches in the summer. If they still do that, I would highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 PM
SPONSOR

Darrell Holland also has a 4-day school. It is a good one, but not close to you.
Inside Darrell Holland's Long Range Shooting School
Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 PM

I know it's not close to Georgia, but 406 Precision in Montana can't be beat. They are absolutely amazing. Their knowledge is astounding and they can convey it so well you just absorb it. I think it's 406precision.com on the web. I would speak with Jason.

Robert