Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Long Range shooting courses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 AM

Long Range shooting courses

I am new to Long Range Shooting, and I am considering taking a course near sacramento ca. The course is being put on by www.bftraining.com. It is $250 for two days of training. Does anybody know if this is a good deal? I have asked around on other forums, and I'm told its better to join a shooting club, and learn from the veteran members of the club. But there aren't any clubs near my area. Any suggestions?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range shooting courses

If you can make it to Idaho for a couple of days with Shawn Carlock this is probably the best available.

Classes 2011

Other wise you are stuck on a flat rifle range and will be given an introduction to longrange shooting and long range competition as best I can determine. There is nothing wrong with the course and the way I taught my children was on a flat rifle range. The good part of the course is that you will be able to scout out the possibilities of competing in F-class and other long range rifle competitions. Competition is really a good way to practice because you don't get "do overs" like shooting milk jugs or steel. You have to face the facts as shown on your score card.

First thing you need to do is determine if you rifle is properly set up for 1000 yard and beyond shooting. Does it posses 1 MOA accuracy and will the bullet be super sonic at one K and does the scope have enough travel left as mounted to dial up the needed elevation.