Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Long Range reference material

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Silver Member
Long Range reference material

I have all the equipment lined up to start the LR experience. I'm looking for guidence in books and videos to get the basics down. I have a NF and their Exbal program and would like to gain knowledge in come ups and ballistics. Does Shawn Carlocks video cover come up's in detail? I will be limiting my shots to 500 yards for ethical reasons but hope to take a LR class after I become proficient with the basics.

Thanks in advance,

QDMA Member
7STW Club

Unread 06-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Silver Member
Shawn's video covers all aspects of long range hunting, some areas in more detail than others. I would certianly recommend picking up a copy. There are tidbits of info through out the video and the info is presented clearly and concisely. JMO.
Unread 06-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Silver Member
You might want some material on wind doping too.

Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.

Stercus Accidit.

Nice try means you suck spelled different.
Unread 06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
In addition to this forum, one of the best places to learn the small things is at competition matches. Places like F-class, egg shoots, g-hog comps have a lot of people who will have a lot of different equipment and use a lot of different techniques. One of the peculiar things about the types I go to is that they are more of a social activity than a competition.

It is also a good measuring stick. There are no excuses, no whining and no fudgeing. Your score is what it is and it is all your fault.
The Smokin Fur Rifle Club