Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

I chose Browning this time.. hope i dont regret it!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 AM

Re: I chose Browning this time.. hope i dont regret it!!

Nikon Monarch 6-24x50SF Riflescope, sorry forgot details!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Silver Member

I have that same scope without the bdc retical on my 257. Great scope for the money I would not hesitate to buy another.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Gold Member

I use Nightforce on my LR rig, but it is too heavy for the application you want. Both the Nikon and the Vortex are good choices. Also take a look at the Sightron (only the SIII model). My 6.5-06AI currently wears this piece of glass.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member

I am trying more and more to buy the best for what I am getting and that includes resale price. A too often I buy something in a scope and it is not just right for the rifle. BDC only appeals to a few people if you go to sell. If you get the Vortex or a Leupold you know someone will buy it from you if you are disappointed. So I shop for those 2 at the best price even if it is used, no biggie if you get the box and, manual and warranty rights, card. That way after you've had it, if it's not a keeper for that rifle than trade again. If you get the Vortex, chance are you will keep it for that rifle or another. Same goes with a Leupold Mark 4, Nightforce or swaro, us optics or schmidt & bender. I'd go Vortex and then mark 4 and then nightforce. Lastly, Zeiss and swaro have after market value too.

2cents
Old 12-24-2012, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the info. I took all the comments into consideration, and have narrowed my scope down to the Leupold Mark 4 LR/T Rifle Scope 4.5-14x40mm. For the performance and the price i dont think i can go wrong here. And like said above" if i dont enjoy the scope it can easily be sold for a good price to get another. The Vortex scopes looked great, just didnt like the lack of options on the objective lens size. The one that looked good for my application was the VIPER 4-12X40 PA RIFLESCOPE, but only reticle option is the BDC. Well its hard to choose. I have changed my mind so many times and thinks that im gonna get the Mark 4, and shoot some targets.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
I chose Browning this time.. hope i dont regret it!!-leupold-mark-4-4-5-14x40mm-pr-long-range-rifle-scope-04.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Silver Member

if you can save the money for the nightforce it would be worth it. You should like the browning ,there great guns as I have a 300wsm an 300win mag in the eclipse. As usual they shoot well with most ammo with the BOSS System.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM

Well. I purchased a scope. Its a Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm Long Range Riflescope with target knobs. Went ahead and ordered 200 rd's of Federal Premium Gold Medal Ammunition 308 Winchester 168 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point Boat Tail.
So now just have to wait until i get off work to go home and see what she can do!!!