Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

I call her "Ms. Frankenstein"....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member

Re: I call her \"Ms. Frankenstein\"....

I am not admitting how I know that.

I also built a 17 foot long canoe in a 15 foot apartment. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That was before I was married (obviuosly)
Old 02-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

I hear ya on the clock [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I do the same thing......

I just don't prefer the high rise cheek pieces on my rifles. I like the old Fajen thumbhole stock design which has a high enough cheek piece that I needed to trim down the size of the cleaning rod handle to keep from having to lift it slightly to get completely through a 27" bbl. Now she's straigh all the way without rubbing that same spot in the barrel.

I'm gonna have problems though when I restock the on w/the 30" bbl But I'll tinker something to solve the problem.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Dan,

That is a fun project you have going there .

I was wondering if it might not serve you better to use a automotive type primer /surfacer to get the finish to the painting point . You can build up multiple coats and sand down till you like what you see and it is a ton faster than working down the bondo .

Probably things you already know . You have to post pix of the result !!

Jim B.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Silver Member

jimm...I'll be sure to post pics. And about the finishing process...my father-in-law and bro-in-law are in the auto refinishing business...so getting a good fill'n'sand primer sprayed on Ms. Frankenstein won't be a problem.

I may drop her off for the metal work tomorrow.