Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

How do you carry your drop charts for quick access?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Silver Member

I am thinking about taping one to my rangefinder,so as soon as I range the target,I can just flip it over and see the numbers.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

I tape one to my stock that I can check after using the range finder and adjusting my scope. I have also taped one to the inside of my non-trigger arm that I can check without pulling my head away from the stock. (Hint, this works best with long sleeve shirts, especially if your arms were hairy!)
Old 01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Silver Member

That's a great idea!! I wonder if you could make an armband like a quarterback wears work? I've seen them that flip open for more info too. I have no idea where to get them but I bet you could make it work pretty well. It's obviously quick to reference and water proof.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

I have a laminated chart with drop in inches and MOA, and wind in inches, taped to the left sight of my stock (right handed) so I could just view it by tilting the gun a bit.

That being said, come hunting season when I shot 4 deer in 20 minutes (3 at long range) I found I had totally memorized the relevant information and was cranking back and forth without a second thought to look at the chart. Of course, I was shooting a muzzleloader so I only had to worry about 400 yards so the chart was probably shorter than what you'll need.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Silver Member

Drop Chart

I have one of the retractable ones from Leupold mounted to the scope. I also have one that is typed using excel and shrank it enough to fit inside the flip up scope cover. I cut it out and then placed a piece of clear packing tape over it to seal it form the elements. Its amazing how small you can type it and still read it.

For Excel--To make it easier to see alternate each yardage with Gray and white lines. Dark gray background with white letters and white background with black lettering.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

I have one of those neopreem sleeves on my stock that holds spare bullets. My drop chart is laminated so I just slip under the sleeve.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
SPONSOR

In a real small font i type up the a chart with my range in standard print-drop in bold-and windage in italicies (sp?) after this i laminate it and glue it to the inside of he flip up part of the eye piece of my butler creek scope cap on the ocular end. this way if a range changes while i am on the scope i dont really have to take my eye off of the glass to find my drop, only works with a spotter who is calling ranges though. the drops on the range finder is a good idea.

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST