Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

He!lp with validating my ballistic progra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Bronze Member

He!lp with validating my ballistic progra

So now that spring is here and I'm blazing rounds down range I need an explanation on how to validate my actual ballistics against my ballistic program. As an example yesterday I asked for 590 yards and it gave 8.67 MOA and I shot a nice three inch group but about 5-6 inches high. How do I translate that so the next time I ask for 590 it will give me the right dial-up? I'm using Shooter Solution app on android.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Gold Member

Re: He!lp with validating my ballistic progra

I have always validated with exbal. I use shooter but am unaware of or have never used it to validate. However, if all the other info is correct (the info u put in such as BC), u can just change your velocity until it calls for a solution call of 7.67 moa. Basically u need for it to call for 1 moa less. Does that make sense?

Last edited by lamiglas; 03-29-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: auto spell
Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Silver Member

Also re check your zero to confirm you are infact hitting where you are suppose to. I have had that be an issue before and it is an easy fix.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiglas View Post
I have always validated with exbal. I use shooter but am unaware of or have never used it to validate. However, if all the other info is correct (the info u put in such as BC), u can just change your velocity until it calls for a solution call of 7.67 moa. Basically u need for it to call for 1 moa less. Does that make sense?
+1 To my knowledge there is no way to validate your velocity on shooter. If there is I wish someone would tell us where to find it I also use exbal for that purpose.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys for all the input. The gun was reassured zero just prior to shooting the group. After looking at my app I did not enter my elevation, it was at 0 when in reality I was shooting at 5000 ft. Beginner mistake I guess.