Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

This Forum Is A Bad Influence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Bronze Member

This Forum Is A Bad Influence

How do I know?

1. Last week sent off a cashiers check and specs for a .223 spacegun upper build to Mike Millie.

2. Leaning up against the wall is my mailing tube holding my Remington Mod 700 barreled action to go to Greg Tannel via Express Mail for a complete makeover. Just have to go to the bank to drop in a cashiers check then to the post office.

I am a bad boy.

Better living through chemistry.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: This Forum Is A Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
How do I know?

1. Last week sent off a cashiers check and specs for a .223 spacegun upper build to Mike Millie.

2. Leaning up against the wall is my mailing tube holding my Remington Mod 700 barreled action to go to Greg Tannel via Express Mail for a complete makeover. Just have to go to the bank to drop in a cashiers check then to the post office.

I am a bad boy.
As you know, the unstated rule of the forum are pics of the finished product. Should you not comply, you will be subject to multiple floggings and gun envy!
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Bronze Member

I can take photos. But here right now there are no good backdrops, unless you don't mind shades of white and gray. And just to be mean, I bought one of those Casio FH-100's that'll do real slow-motion to squeeze every ounce of envy into each shot!!

Actually, I bought the camera so I could take slow-mo video of my racing chainsaw cutting. But it has its uses.

Now comes the hardest part, waiting.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
Actually, I bought the camera so I could take slow-mo video of my racing chainsaw cutting. But it has its uses.
Oooooooo, I want to see the racing chainsaw video's! Are you running Hot Saw? 250cc's or PURE WOOD RIPPING TERROR!!!!! I love watching lumber jack competitions.
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Bronze Member

Not into that wild man stuff yet. I am limited to my fully massaged Husky 3120.

I just ordered a Bartlein 0.224" barrel for my wife's .223 WSSM. Was going to order a Hart, but when I called, no one answered the phone. A fellow at Bartlein did, and was quite nice to chat with.

Last edited by Nitroman; 01-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

I like Lothar Walther barrels. I only have one, but it has made a good impression. All my loading of late have shot .75" or better. Or I could just be figuring out my rifle quicker now. I think it is a little bit of both. Can't wait to see the rifle. Keep us informed.

Huskies are nice, but I have become quite partial to Stihl. When we had a landscaping business the Stihls we had would out run the huskies. Though we didn't own the commercial heavy duty huskies. That might have made a difference.