Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Fathers day came early...hehehe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:52 AM

Fathers day came early...hehehe

Well first off, Hello all.
Been reading this forum for a little while now, seems like there's a lot of knowledge here. Anyway heres my story. My wife fiqured I'v been a good boy lately (not to sure where she got that from) but here we are at wholesale sports and I ask the fellow at the counter "gee by chance have you got a remington 700 xcr in .308" he grabs one from the back and as I'm putting it to my shoulder I look over at my pregnent wife expecting to see that dull stare (forget it mister). But no....wait she gets up, walks over and says WOW thats a nice rifle. I say, ummm....would you like to hold it. She looks it over and then gives me a little wink and says fathers day is comeing. Half an hour later and I'm the owner of a remington 700 xcr. So I'm feeling pretty lucky and the next day we're in Edmonton and we head over to P&D to try and find some power. O.K. this is where I started to get worried, I say well I can't just put any old scope on the rifle and she says "Get whatever you want". (I'm looking around the store like I'v gone crazy and ask her gee lady have you seen my wife) Luckely they had just what I wanted. Leupold Mark4 LR/T 6.5-20 X50. Now I just need to spend some more time reading my reloading manual and work up a safe load. Hope everyone has as good of a fathers day as me......now what do I get my dad....geez
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Gold Member

Re: Fathers day came early...hehehe

Damn! I knew there was a good reason to have kids!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Which trimester are ya in? The hormones must really be messed up.

We had 8 pregnancies and that never happened to me.

Oh, and don't attempt any jokes during the labor thing. It really doesn't help. That's about when she'll want to use that nifty rifle on you.

Great first post.

Enjoy life, it really is fun.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 PM

We're just at the tail end of the second trimester, due October 2nd I'm very excited. Yeah I can't wait to get out to the range and see how well the 700 performs, This is my first rifle of this style. From what I understand the Remington 700 is a fairly decent action and can be quite acurate right out of the box. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

Good read for F-Day,,,and good luck with the new arrival in Oct..