Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

factory ammo with high BC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 03:35 AM

factory ammo with high BC

does anyone know of some factory ammo for a 30-06 with a BC of higher than .507? ive been looking and i cant find alot of information on the BC of the bullet. best i can find is nosler and berger with about a .649 in 108-190 gr. and them are just the bullets, not factory ammo
Old 02-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

Re: factory ammo with high BC

I haven't bought factory 30/06 in decades but you need to reference the bullets used in the ammo with the maker's claimed BC on their websites. Or find a bullet that meets your needs and then look for factory ammo that loads it.

Now you know why most people who reload, reload.

KB
Old 02-02-2014, 06:08 PM

i really want to get into reloading, like BAD!!!!!! i just dont have the means for it right now as im in college living in dorms and they woudnt be too happy with explosives in the rooms... if i could reload id be using berger bullets and custom tailoring the ammo to find what works best, i even have a range 10 minutes from me........ i would love to get into reloading tho
Old 02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

what are you needing to do? the highest bc might not be what you have to have.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 PM

im not completely set up the best for ELR but i would like to be able to hit steel to 1000-1200 and hunt to about 750. the gun is completely stock right now, if i do anything it will be a trigger job, finish floating and bedding. the floating is done factory but there is one spot that hangs up with a dollar bill. im thinking that i can be perfectly content with MOA at whatever distance i shoot at. and as of right now my 536 shots were MOA if not a small but better. i would like to think that for now i could find a factory load to do what i want and if that means that i have to knock my range back than thats what i will do.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

HSM loads .210gr Berger VLDs >>> you can get it directly from them (http://www.thehuntingshack.com/catal...ail/index.html) or I.Q. Metals Inc. - 30-06

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

I would hope that one of the members of LRH that are nearby could lend you a hand. I have always helped newbies that had no equipment to get started in reloading. Making my equipment available and sometimes donating components. Hope others see this and lend you a hand.

KB