Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

eye relief issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: eye relief issues

Those scopes rem. is putting on the adl and sps line are not good. The one I got on my 7rem adl had about 2" of eye relief and would wack me every once in a while. I dumped the thing for a better scope.

I saw one 30 cal mag ( a rum I think) with one of these cheap remmy scopes on a returned rifle at my lgs with scratches on the side. Looking at it a bit closer revealed blood on the eyepiece.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Gold Member

Re: eye relief issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
Those scopes rem. is putting on the adl and sps line are not good. The one I got on my 7rem adl had about 2" of eye relief and would wack me every once in a while. I dumped the thing for a better scope.

I saw one 30 cal mag ( a rum I think) with one of these cheap remmy scopes on a returned rifle at my lgs with scratches on the side. Looking at it a bit closer revealed blood on the eyepiece.
That is like buying a brand new car with bald tires. It will get you home but it aint right and you'll never get the full experience trying to use that junk. I see savage started at least using nikons recently, So with that exception most of the "package" scopes are so bad I would not even bother to sight it in until I changed it.

Yes, I know someone who "has hunted 20 years" with some simmons crap that came with the rifle but then again he has not checked his zero in 19 years and can't seam to hit nothing (the hunting gods have stacked the deck against him personally). I know someone who claims he has might be more accurate terminology and know is a relative term in this case.