Re: Do I have a Longe Range Gun?
I'll help out a bit on the site rules... we're hijacking this thread a good deal but it seems topical in some sense.
On the registration screen folks should see:
"Like elsewhere in life there are rules here also...
These rules are a quick overview of the entire rule set and general demeanor of this site.
Background: This board was created for the expressed purpose of discussing the methods, equipment and techniques of Long Range Hunting without the burden of discussing or debating ethics. Although we all individually have ethics and limitations on what we consider correct WE DO NOT discuss nor will we tolerate discussions of ethics on this site. We are here to learn and share methods, techniques and equipment ideas.
This web site and all related or referenced materials and links are solely and strictly for informational purposes. Moreover, this web site is intended solely for the dissemination of information for lawful purposes to Long Range Hunters.
The individuals who maintain or contribute written material to the web site known as Long Range Hunting take no responsibility, nor will they be held liable in any way, for unlawful acts that are claimed to have been "inspired" by, motivated by, or suggested by anything presented at this web site.
You, as a visitor to this web site, are warned that you, and you alone, are responsible for your own actions at all times, and that you will be held responsible for any unlawful acts you perform. Long Range Hunting will, at any time and at its own discretion, remove comments deemed to be offensive, including, but not limited to, comments which include vulgarity, racism, or any act of unlawfulness. As well, Long Range Hunting will, at any time and at its own discretion, also inform the appropriate authorities of any inappropriate or unlawful behavior posted to this web site.
Long Range Hunting makes no claims or representations with respect to any product or procedure discussed or referenced on this page. Visitors to this web site are advised to conduct their own investigations into the quality, adequacy, or propriety of the product or procedure. Further, Long Range Hunting makes no claims or representations with respect to any handloading information contained on this page. Any person using handloading information obtained from this page must remember that each gun/load combination will result in different pressures and any handloader must work up from a minimum load to any load listed on this web site, keeping in mind the safety of the handloader and those around him.
1) This is a privately owned site developed to foster discussions about Long Range Hunting between like minded hunters.
2) We do not discuss ethics. To do so will result in the post or posts being edited or deleted.
3) Public personal attacks between board members will not be tolerated. Fight via e-mail if you wish but not in public.
4) Troublesome individuals (trolls) or members that appear to be fostering arguments or disagreement will be dealt with in various manners from permanent removal to censorship.
5) Foul language serves no purpose here and is not appreciated, leave it on the other sites.
6) Racist remarks are not appreciated and will not be tolerated.
7) Posts that are in obvious violation of the law will not be tolerated and the offending member will be reported to the proper authorities.
8) Rules are subject to change to meet the needs and desires of the members and owner."