Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Cooper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Cooper

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
That is foolish to support a company that supports a politician that wants to end your gun rights..
You're right... the question is, does Cooper Arms support such a candidate?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

The OWNER does so rationalize that out however you want to. Put the ole spin on it and hey if that is what floats your boat then do it. Just think that every dime you spend with them it is just like giving money to Sara Brady and Company. Why not skip the middle man so to speak and go ahead and write them a check. Might as well send one to Pelosi and Schumer as well because when you get right down to it you are doing the same thing just letting Dan hold the money for a while lol.

The owner is the owner period and there has been nothing posted or released to indicate otherwise. This is a CYA by Cooper but the fact remains that Cooper is still a Principal....

You may own Coopers and unfortunately the actions of Dan killed the resale but the Company still exists to make Dan a profit and that is not acceptable to me.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
The OWNER does so rationalize that out however you want to. Put the ole spin on it and hey if that is what floats your boat then do it. Just think that every dime you spend with them it is just like giving money to Sara Brady and Company. Why not skip the middle man so to speak and go ahead and write them a check. Might as well send one to Pelosi and Schumer as well because when you get right down to it you are doing the same thing just letting Dan hold the money for a while lol.

The owner is the owner period and there has been nothing posted or released to indicate otherwise. This is a CYA by Cooper but the fact remains that Cooper is still a Principal....

You may own Coopers and unfortunately the actions of Dan killed the resale but the Company still exists to make Dan a profit and that is not acceptable to me.
Did you read the post with the letter in it? I do plan on finding out whether or not Dan is still connected in any way.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Did you read the post with the letter in it? I do plan on finding out whether or not Dan is still connected in any way.
And why would they tell YOU the truth; so that you can post it on the internet? I'm guessing that you're a lot smarter than that.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

Dan Cooper made a choice,And so am I, to never leave a fingerprint on another one. And to tell everyone looking at one just what Dan Cooper did.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post

Yes and you will find that he is either still part owner or that he may be owner by proxy. Make sure you look into that as well---non publically held entities can be pretty slippery my good man. I have been involved in these types of thing in the past and in fact made a post about it.

Just manage your expectations on what you are going to find out---may not be what you want.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post
And why would they tell YOU the truth; so that you can post it on the internet? I'm guessing that you're a lot smarter than that.
This is a hijack of the original thread. This subject has been discussed on a few other threads at great legnth and I really don't want to discuss it here anymore unless the starter of the thread is interested in the topic.

Some folks are just not going to believe that it was one man who did this and that he may be completely gone from the company even if it is the truth. I admit I don't know for sure exactley what Cooper's holding and interests in the company are right now, but I intend to at least try and find out and not punish the rest of the company for his indiscretion.

'nuff said on this topic in this thread. If you want to debate it more then start another thread. I've said my piece.

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 11-10-2008 at 06:02 PM.