Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Considering using a bipod for my new rifle-any BIPODS comments?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2003, 11:39 PM

Considering using a bipod for my new rifle-any BIPODS comments?

I'm considering mounting a bipod for hunting- thought it might increase my shooting long range...better than leaning against a rock with my baseball cap [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Any opinions on bipods? Are they worth it?

Which would you choose?

MODELS:

Model BR: (Bench Rest) Lowest of the Bipods. Most useful for shooting off the bench. Adjustable height from 6" to 9".

Model L: (Light) The world's largest selling bipod, compact and light. Adjustable height from 9" to 13" Weight 11 oz.

Model H: (High) For prone or sitting shooting, it's the best for varmint shooting. Adjustable from 13 1/2" to 23"

Model 25C: The tallest of the Bipods, Three piece leg construction adjustable from 13 1/2" to 27"

STYLES:

Series "M": A new version of the original Leg Notch Bipod. The legs eject by spring action. Height settings in 1" incremwents.

Series "S": Rotates to either side for instant leveling on uneven ground. Hinged base has tension adjustment and buffer springs to eliminate tremor or looseness. They are otherwise similar to non-rotating Series. Available for ALL models except the "H" model.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Silver Member

Re: Considering using a bipod for my new rifle-any BIPODS comments?

Canadian Hunter, may I recommend the Harris Series S 9-13." Works great for me, plus you can still put a sling on it if you wish. Good luck
Old 08-20-2003, 08:18 PM

Re: Considering using a bipod for my new rifle-any BIPODS comments?

Short Harris works great for me in the prone position. Check out the other bipod discussion in long range hunting section. Good Luck!