Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Check this out people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Check this out people

Maybe a cement block at 12 feet above the buck when he comes in.

Drop it right in the middle of his back and when the buck goes down from a broken back, swing out of the tree with knife in teeth and slit his throat.

Now that's hunting.

DC [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Darryl Cassel

Unread 08-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Gold Member

DC who needs a cement block it is to heavy just jump out of the tree with the knife in teeth you want to use a small knife to make it challenging 2 inch blade should do [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Crow Mag
If you think something is not possible move out of the way so the ones that are doing it can
Unread 08-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Crow mag

Now that's really hunting.

I can see it now.
Holding onto that buck with one arm and using a 2" knife in the other.

Got to have a tape of that one. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Will have to work on it.

Darryl Cassel
Unread 08-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Gold Member

Have thought about it several times, especially when the adrenaline starts flow'in...I think I can...I think I can... Then fortunately, sanity returns. Good to see I'm not alone in this.
Good Hunting,

Unread 08-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Gold Member

I really did like the cement block thing.

Shows who really is the cromagnum man ... (Maybe that was a complement?)

Evolution hasn't made it too far in there neck of the woods ...

Should ask them if they have seen any sabertooth tiger or wooly mamoth lately.

Maybe they chase the deer until they run off the cliff and fall to there death too ...

Also that threat of walking home, they just don't get the fact that you would see them a mile and a half away. They wouldn't jump from the spotter shot either, it would just sound like a nut or branch hitting the ground.
Unread 08-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Bronze Member

Im kind of a resident "lurker" here, and moderator at one of the Tactical forums ( However I do follow these threads where "Joe Hunter" goes out of his way to over verbalize what is and isnt "Ethical" hunting.

First of all, I support and will continue to support LR Hunting, and Competition until my dying breath. I'm not a Benchrest person, nor will I ever be, it's just not my thing...

What is evident through threads like the aforementioned one, are these guys are the ones who think that a custom rifle is a Rem 710 from WalMart, a high end custom is a Rem BDL where the scope wasnt included in the package so they mounted a tasco 3-9 on it and had to have the counter guy get out the fisher price collimator.

These are the same guys who come into the gunshop while Im workin on mine or a friends Tactical rifle, and snickers when they find out that the tapered Badger Ord base on my rifle cost more than their optics on their high end custom. Funny thing is that in the presence of shooters, they are always the ones who have to be "Mo better" than whatever you have done....Know the type? If we are holding a conversation about shooting UKD out to 1100 and reading wind........They almost always have a close family member who is a Navy SEAL Scout Special Delta Force Sniper who did bigger and better just last week.

Funny, they are always the ones who are so well versed in their Military Sniper history, that they know Carlos Whats his name....but never heard of Chuck Mawhinney or Kugler...and still to this day believe that the shot on the VC kid on the bike was a cold bore shot from a Win Mod 70 in 30-06...

These are the same guys who believe that a "Wildcat" cartridge is a 270, these are the guys who are too lazy to become anything beyond 100yd masters....and a good group for them is MOPP (Minute of Paper Plate) at 100 yds, or however far it was before they got winded.....Which was usually 10 yds....They are too lazy to put the trigger time in working with their weapons and learning to accurately read wind variances based on terrain features...and heaven forbid they should have to get accurate log book dope in different hunting areas...

To them, they are legends in their own minds, and the only true hunters worthy of hunting game in the woods or plains. IMHO, they are sad, they symbolize the part of humanity that has stopped pushing itself towards excellence, and improvement.

Make no mistake, its the LR side of the house that keeps pushing the edge of the envelope...Just think.....ten years from now, some pogue windbag is gonna be bitchin at some of yuse guys for takin game at 3000 or 3500......

Oh well sorry bout the rant......

Bruce bka TeamSasQuatch
Unread 08-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

You guys know nothing of ethics.... for God's sake, a good hunter needs NO implements.

A REAL hunter just runs 'em down afoot, throws an arm around their neck, and wrestles 'em to death [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]