Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Cheap Long range Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Gold Member

Re: Cheap Long range Rig

I really admire you guys get er done attitude. . . We have quite a few things easier to come by here in Alaska. But the more remote a person lives the more we have to learn how to make do ourselves. And life gets in the way of what we need. . I researched making my own bullets. But I don't have the technical mind for doing it. I really admire what you have accomplished with what you had to work with.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:17 AM

Rebarreling the m44 only requires the original barrel you make the adapter from that barrel breach to suit any barrel thread your might care to use as the replacement the two I own we're set up for Mauser thread by Din Collings
Old 05-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

An adaptor from the old barrel is the easy way but they have been know to crack in time .
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Trigger Finger View Post
I really admire you guys get er done attitude. . . We have quite a few things easier to come by here in Alaska. But the more remote a person lives the more we have to learn how to make do ourselves. And life gets in the way of what we need. . I researched making my own bullets. But I don't have the technical mind for doing it. I really admire what you have accomplished with what you had to work with.
Thanks mate . We are more isolated over here from all the good products in the USA and everything is more expensive .
It's hard to learn how to make bullets on your own . That's the way I did it and it was a hard slog but if you have someone experienced to advise you it is way easier . If you need help I would be happy to advise you by email and can talk you through the whole process even how to solder core bond at home with very little equipment needed . Just a paint stripper heat gun , a bottle of Bakers flux and a house or fire brick with some holes drilled to hold the bullets vertical before the core seating stage . After you melt and bond the cores , core seat , clean and point form and voilą , corbonded bullets , just as good as Woodleigh makes.
Here is my rifle with the new Vortex scope I just purchased . Have not had a chance to try it yet .
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Cheap Long range Rig-vortex-6to24resize.jpg  
Old 05-04-2014, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the comment on adapters cracking, was not aware of that. Nice looking rig.