Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

buying equipment, need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

buying equipment, need help

I've shot long for awhile but always had other peoples equipment to use. Time to strike out on my own, soo....i need a chronograph, a ballistics program, and im not sure what else. can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Daniel Ludwig
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: buying equipment, need help

Swaro LRF, either a high power binoculars, or spotting scope. I have a variable power Nikon Binoculars. I have the Swaro LRF also. Very nice for ranging long distance. You should have 1 or 2 tripods to mount your rangefinder and binoculars on. As far as a program is concerned, you can always use JBM calculations and print your range cards. Another option is using an itouch ipod. They offer the FTE Ballistics app that is really nice. Those are the two I use. The FTE is nice because you can carry it in to the field. If you get bored then you can watch movies and listen to music watching for the groundhogs come in.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!