Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Borden Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Silver Member

Borden Action

Does any one have experince with Borden Actions.
Are they worth the money. Do you have a sugestion for a diffrent action?
Baylor

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Gold Member

Re: Borden Action

Dont have any experience with Bordens actions,but I soon will have.I ordered one of his Timberlines in a single shot configuration with an ultra mag bolt face.For what hes offering for an introduction price its a little too good to pass up.
As for your other question,I would have to believe that yes,his benchrest quality actions are right up to par with anyone elses.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

His BR actions are absolutely top of the line by anyones standard. One of his just set the 600 yd group records this year. His specialty is the patented Borden bumps which he authorized Nesika to use, which is small bumps on the bolt that allows a super tight lockup but not hindered by dirt and debris.

I am sure that he will raise them to $700-900 later depending on competition but right now supreme bargain.

For the money, anyone wanting a 700 footprint action cannot completely true a 700 and come close to his action particularily when you add the bolt sleeving,upgraded firing pin and lugs for the 700.

BH
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Silver Member

I hope you are right. I'm waiting on a bonus to be paid out at work in the next week or so to order a Timbeline for myself!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

"I am sure that he will raise them to $700-900 later depending on competition but right now supreme bargain"

what is he getting on these actions?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Bronze Member

CK,the Timberline and Alpine actions are $600.00 right now! Ackleyfan
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Silver Member

OK you guys have sparked my interest. I was thinking about ordering a Stiller Predator action as a buddy of mine just received his last week. Very nice action except for the flat grey finish on the complete bolt. Once it was polished off except on the lug area, it looks great now. Is the borden action a trued remington or a fully built action like the predator? Also, what type of bolt release and handle? Is the locking lug, bottom metal and trigger included in that price? I would look them up but thanks to the liberals at my work most gun related sites are blocked. Does anyone have a picture? Thanks for the info, Doug