Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

BEST SCOPE MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR A SAKO 75 ACTION?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

Re: BEST SCOPE MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR A SAKO 75 ACTION?

TacShot,

I am in for the LRH group ordering on Sako bases. My email is jexlong@hotmail.com

Please give me a shout - I need 2 Near Bases for my rifles.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

I know this is a little late just got back on after a long job that took me out of town.

I have two sakos built on the 995 action and the strongest most reliable system I have found is the Warne rings. No base required =less screws=no problems. Make sure and check the rings for alignment. If there is a problem warne is a good company to work with.
I hate to admit this,
The reason I know this is, like a dummy I had removed a set and took them apart and then was interupted. Some how, I mixed one front half with one rear half and though the rings where wrong. I called and Warne had me send them back. They sent me another set same day. The guy called back and told me what I did and I felt like an idiot but they didn't charge me a penny. He was nice and just wanted me to know so maybe I wouln't be a dummy again. I suppose. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

I was also disappointed to be told by Near I would have to wait a year. I found another source, Ken Farrell.

[ QUOTE ]
the strongest most reliable system I have found is the Warne rings.

[/ QUOTE ] I had the Warne rings on an L61R action supporting a Nightforce scope. The rings eventually failed to hold zero. I called Warne and was told their system wouldn't hold up to a heavy recoiling rifle with a heavy scope. Warne's recommendation was to drill and tap the receiver for a Picatinny rail doing away with the dovetail altogether.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Gold Member

Hey Ankeny,

You're saying that Ken Farrell will make rails for the Sako 75 action?? How do you get in touch with him - please let me know!!

THANKS A TON!!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:51 PM

I think the Sako bases have the same bolt pattern as Browning A-Bolts, so that may open up options a tad.

JK
Old 10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

Sako 75 actions are not drilled and tapped at all. They have an integral dovetail arrangement. Browning mounts would not work.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=985917

These are what I have had on several 75's. Never ever a problem. Strong as heck!