Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Bedding questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
I would think a long time before bedding a 10-22. This is asking for trouble if you do not have any experience at it.

They're not that hard to do, a person could get into trouble but they could do that with any rifle. First rifle I ever bedded was a 10/22 and looking back I don't think it was any more difficult than other rifles I've done. There is a good how-to article over at Rimfire Central. - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms

Unread 05-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
My mistake, I was in a hurry to get out of the house and on the road this morning and got mixed up on which rifle gave me so much grief. It was a Savage that I got the action screw glued into the action and stripped the head and had to grind the head off and pull it out the top. That was not so much fun.

Sorry about the teh mix up.
The Smokin Fur Rifle Club
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Silver Member
What I'm gonna try

Okay here's what I think I'm gonna do ACRUGLAS gel the rem. 700 to the SPS stock just for practice first. I hate this stcok anyways so if I screw it up no big deal. For my replacement stock if it is synthetic does it need to have the aluminun bedding block in it?
Unread 05-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Gold Member
The link below is a VERY good read if you have never bedded a stock before. It made my first couple of stocks look like I knew what I was doing.
All kidding aside I had to read it a couple of times before it all came to me, but I have never had to "Redoo" one.
Stress-Free Pillar Bedding
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)