... ok a couple of things:
1. A mil is a mil is a mil.. unless you call it a miliradian or mrad, but still the same... it's a mil.
2. An Army mil is the same mil.
3. A Marine Corp mil is the same mil.
4. An English mil is the same, just sounds better when the Brits' say it!
5. Who the hell know's what the Aussie's use but those Bruces' sure can shoot!
6. Only the SIZE of the MILDOT is what's different. Kinda like buying a reticle with mil-hash instead of a mildot, or different thickness reticle lines, but the distance between the centers of the mil line/dot/oval/hash is... 1 mil.
7. When you buy a scope the reticle is explained in detail and you'll know what you are buying before you buy it... I hope!
8. A Russian mil IS different.
The mil system is really quite simple, as is the MOA. It's just Whiskey or Beer, both work!