Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

WTS: Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Bronze Member

WTS: Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle

Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle in 300 Win Mag from their custom shop. Rifle has a few issues as pics posted but bore is bright and shiny and it shoots really well and other than the pics, rifle is in excellent shape. It's been on 2 or 3 hunts up here in Alaska so there's bound to be some wear. I normally get 3/4" groups with it with 180 Gr Barnes TSX w/fliers out to 1" to 1 1/2", which IMHO, it's probably me not doing my part. Does NOT come with the scope.
These are selling for up to $3000.00+ new from the custom shop. This one is the genI, which did have the B&C stock and "teflon" coating over stainless & no flutes. I've seen these go for $2000.00 and above but I'd like to get $1250.00 shipped to an FFL for this rifle. If you think I'm overpriced on this rifle, please let me know, I have no clue what the going price is on a used Gen I AWS rifle is.

This is the AWRII description which this one seems to match these specs except for the coating & fluted bbl:
The Model 700 AWR II is not only a thing of beauty, it is built to endure the harsh, unpredictable land it's named for. The barrel, action, bolt and stainless steel trigger guard and floorplate assembly feature our black TriNyte coating – the most durable and corrosion resistant firearm metal finish available today. It has a custom-turned hammer-forged barrel fashioned with longitudinal flutes that reduce weight and accelerate heat dissipation. Barrels are then mated to "blue printed" actions to achieve our guaranteed accuracy standards. The super-premium Bell & Carlson synthetic stocks have a full-length aluminum bedding block. With this rigid, precise support for the action and barrel, positioning and harmonics are highly regulated to achieve impeccable shot-to-shot consistency. At the squeeze, you'll experience the pinnacle of crispness and control with our Model 40-X™ adjustable trigger that's tuned and set in the Custom Shop at a breaks-like-glass 3 lbs. And the chamberings available are as diverse as your possible pursuits.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Last edited by bearclaw46; 08-13-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Bronze Member

Re: WTS: Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle

After checking around, in that this is used and has some visible wear, I think I'm pretty much overpriced on this rifle. I'm going to go ahead and lower this to $985.00 shipped to an FFL without the scope. Let me know if anyone is interested. I can ship same day I get payment and an FFL. M/O preferred.

The trigger pull on this IS really nice and this one will shoot sub moa, just takes a good scope. Bore is mint on it in spite of the exterior.

Sorry for overpricing it.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM

Re: WTS: Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle

Can u give me ur email address or phone number? I would like to contact u about ur rifle. Email me at tlsmith91571@gmail.com