Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

WTS Ithaca Deeerslayer III - Straight taper heavey barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

WTS Ithaca Deeerslayer III - Straight taper heavey barrel

The below listed firearm is on auction at Auction Arms - Ithaca Deerslayer III

WTS Ithaca Deeerslayer III Last of the straight taper heavy barrel models. The barrel is fully rifled, free-floated and permanently mated to the receiver. N.I.B. - Never been fired. I paid Lauer Custom Weaponry to paint the gun in "Winter twig." It is a beautiful paint job. I also had a Danuser Counter Coil recoil-reducing unit installed on the butt-stock; it takes all the unpleasantness out of shooting slugs from the bench. The trigger group is also custom tuned and stoned from the factory - creep free and breaks like a piece of glass at about 3.0 lbs.

This is no run-of-the-mill pump gun that rattles when you shake it. It's tight - it was built by Ithaca to be a sub minute of angle slug gun at 100 yards...period. For lack of better term, it's a target/hunting gun.

I paid $900.00 for the gun new.
I paid $525 for the Lauer Custom Weaponry DuraCoat paint job. This paint is a two-part paint/resin-hardener; it is completely resistant to all solvents and is dang-near scuff-scratch proof. This is a TOUGH finish, and very striking as well.
I paid $275 for the Danuser Counter-Coil a hydraulic recoil reducer that is tunable to whatever load you are firing.

Deer season is just around the corner! This is the perfect deer gun for those who are restricted to shotguns only and who hunt in snowy conditions.

I have $1700.00 in the gun.

[image][/image] [image][/image] [image][/image] [image][/image] [image][/image] [image][/image] [image][/image]
Old 09-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Bronze Member

Re: WTS Ithaca Deeerslayer III - Straight taper heavey barrel

Wow, that is a beauty. If I didn't have one I'd consider yours....

Could you tell me if there is a website to get more info about getting one painted like that.

FYI, the recoil reduction is not really needed since the gun if 10.75 pounds WITHOUT a scope.

The barrel on that thing really makes people take a second look!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Silver Member

The website is hyperlinked in the add. Lauer Custom Weaponry Dura Coat. Takes about 3 weeks to fully cure, but after that you need a sand-blaster to begin to remove it.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Silver Member

For Pete's sake! Someone bid on my shotgun! I know there's an accuracy crank somewhere on this board who's limited to shotguns for deer season. You don't have to go to the "buy it now" price - bid something and we can set up a haggle via Auction Arms.

Here's the auction site - Ithaca Deerslayer 3
Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

....c'monnnnnnnn
Old 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM

Did you ever sell this gun..???

Thanks in advance,

ART W