Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture (trades added)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wthby MarkV Deluxe 7mm German manufacture (trades added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
Wow, rude response for comments on what you are competing against and you had better believe you are competing... Why do you think that rifle is no longer made in Germany ? I worked there for 3 years and "made in germany" does not mean much anymore. It is the Walmart/china/korea/malaysia discussion and as one can tell, 80% of people vote with their wallet. This is the same situation we face at work and in the marketplace. Best of luck finding that special buyer... and with the other issues and some anger management.
Okay, I will be more civil in this post.

Excuse me sir, but posting derogatory remarks in someone else's for sale thread is extremely rude and in very poor taste. Unless you are asking a specific question, or giving comments to answer a question or to so say that the poster is a good guy to deal with, you should not post it in open forum. Use a PM.

Made in Germany doesn't mean much anymore? No, but it did in the 60s when this rifle was made. And the value is from the rarity of it being made in Germany in the 60s. Not many to be found.

If you want to argue based on price, then go harass every body in the for sale section who is selling a custom rifle. If people buy with their wallets, then every custom rifle is WAY overpriced. I can buy a rifle from my local gun store that does all that the customs can do. After all, Savage makes a 338Lapua that can be bought for $1015 or a Rem 700 for $1635, who would pay $3000 for a 338 DE? I know your answer already. Because a Savage and a Rem are not a DE custom rifle, not even close. And your example of a Weatherby Vangaurd is not even close to a Weatherby MarkV. They are 2 completely different rifles.

But hey, thanks for all the free bumps.