haha! yes, obviously recoil isn't a concern.
I've looked at the 325 WSM but it doesn't seem to have the energy of a RUM. Perhaps I'm looking for too much rifle for my needs?
I'll be taking black bear in 50-250 yards most of the time, BUT some of the side hills are open where you can see across the valley so I would like to be able to take on at 600-700 yards if need be... Do you think a 300 WSM or 325 WSM would handle that?
Here is what i calculated:
300 WSM, 180gr accubond
- 200 yds - 2588 fps, 2677 ft lbs energy
- 600 yds - 1935 fps, 1496 ft lbs energy
325 WSM, 200gr accubond
- 200 yds - 2544 fps, 2874 ft lbs energy
- 600 yds - 1824 fps, 1477 ft lbs energy
300 RUM, 180gr accubond
- 200 yds - 2931 fps, 3434 ft lbs energy
- 600 yds - 2227 fps, 1982 ft lbs energy
Please let me know your thoughts.
thanks for the help!