Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Why does a thread get locked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Why does a thread get locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmagman View Post
If I had to guess I'd say Bill Larson is refering to "threads" as in barrel tenon to reciever threads while Beelzebub is refering to "threads" as in topic posted on this forum.
Just guessing here.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I take it that Mr. Larson is easily confused then. If my "thread" had been in the mainenance forum he might have been spot on. But I think he ran off in the ditch with this one.

I'm very new here and hope to fit in some where in a crack. I don't have all the fancy gear that most of you have, but what I do have will shoot well under 1/2 MOA.

I am an accuracy nut. Horse shoes, darts, pitching pennies, archery. If the oblect is supposed to go in a straight line and hit a desired spot/object...I'm in.

I just want to get better at what I do. Plese take a lot of what I say or ask with a grain of salt. I don't know the jargon here yet, but I'm a quick learner.

tks for your time,
Beelzebub
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbill View Post
BillLarson is being a smarta$$
Not True....... all my answers were in in earnest...........I`ve been paid to work/repair/cut new/change machining metric and std.threads for 40 yrs.Most of my training was free.........cost.... only 4 years of my life dedicated to the U.S.Navy.
That being said....... what part of my reasons for lok-d up threads don`t you understand.
I will devote some time to explain and educate.
bill larson

P.S.... before you start calling someone names.....on a subject you are not understanding....use your real name so I`ll know who I`m talking to.....
Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Silver Member

I hope everyone can tell I was being a smart... about someone else appearing to be a smart.... It was a joke. If you come to my office this is what people call me Dr. Bill, so this is my real name. If I put my whole real name the trolls may bother me more.

Im sorry if I offended you/some people but I can't stop laughing about this. I am not calling anyone names.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I hope everyone can tell I was being a smart... about someone else appearing to be a smart.... It was a joke. If you come to my office this is what people call me Dr. Bill, so this is my real name. If I put my whole real name the trolls may bother me more.

Im sorry if I offended you/some people but I can't stop laughing about this. I am not calling anyone names.
Dr.Bill........... you oughta stay in your field.....( Dr.??? and smartass )..and leave the thread subject alone............ ....
bill larson.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Gold Member

Dr. Bill i like your name just the way it is! Hahahah and i also seen your humor in your statement.

No one was trying to hurt anyones feelings..

Quote:

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html

Last edited by 500mag_guy; 02-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Gold Member

Threads are usually locked around here by ADMIN when the topic get hijacked by a bunch of smart a$$es and then it wanders off into the desert somewhere!!

smart *****
Dave
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Bronze Member

I think the OP wants to know why he loses the ability to edit his original post after it has been up for a couple of days. Actually, kind of curious myself.