Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

What is a .22 Diamondback worth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Bronze Member

What is a .22 Diamondback worth

I have a .22 Colt Diamondback with a 6" barrel in blue. All original and has been shot but is in excellent condition. I would say it is 95% plus. Can someone help me out if they have a blue book and/or first hand knowledge as to what it is worth. I am thinking of listing it for sale and would like to know what a fair and reasonable price is. I see them on gunbroker for $1,300 on up but a lot of firearms on gunbroker are over priced and never sell. If I decide to list it as I am serious and not fishing and want to list it at a fair price for both seller and buyer. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Silver Member

Re: What is a .22 Diamondback worth

PM sent
Old 12-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Silver Member

I would say 1K to 1200.00 is a fair price for one of these if the condition warrants. I would be interested in it if you decide to sell.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:28 PM

The blue book doesn't count when something is very disireable, as diamondbacks are. The best thing to do is sell it on auction. It will bring the current market value. Do it before the end of March, though. Traffic and prices go down after that.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Bronze Member

The ones that have sold recently on gunbroker in your described condition have gone in the $1350-$1600 range.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celery View Post
The blue book doesn't count when something is very disireable, as diamondbacks are. The best thing to do is sell it on auction. It will bring the current market value. Do it before the end of March, though. Traffic and prices go down after that.
People can say what they want about the Blue Book.....but.....there is actual worth, and then theres what someone is willing to pay on Gunbroker. Auctions will always bring the highest price. Just because someone is willing to pay $1600.00 for one doesn't mean thats what they are worth. Of course in your case if you are wanting to sell it, you will be looking to get top dollar for it. I bought my Colt Python in 98% condition for $495 four years ago
Old 12-25-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemagnum80 View Post
People can say what they want about the Blue Book.....but.....there is actual worth, and then theres what someone is willing to pay on Gunbroker. Auctions will always bring the highest price. Just because someone is willing to pay $1600.00 for one doesn't mean thats what they are worth. Of course in your case if you are wanting to sell it, you will be looking to get top dollar for it. I bought my Colt Python in 98% condition for $495 four years ago
If it's not "worth" what it sells for, then, according to your definition, it's only worth the value of the raw materials that it takes to build it.