Buyer backed out, back up for sale:
It is not without a degree of regret that I offer for sale this rifle (please see the linked thread for complete details on the rifle):
My custom SSG .300 RUM (Pierce/Russo/Seekins)
(Bipod, rear bag, and concrete slab not included)
The only thing less than stellar about the rifle is the stock finish. I decided to try to Tru-Oil finish the stock myself when I got it. It's a functional finish, but obviously not the professional job the rifle deserves. There are also some small scratches that it has accumulated that could easily be refinished out. (See update below!)
Another note on it -- the adjustment range of the cheek piece is somewhat limited by the travel of the bolt. It is able to go up high enough to provide me with a comfortable cheek weld on a 50mm objective NF -- but before refinishing, one might want to grind the front of the cheekpiece down some more to give it better adjustment range (I'd be happy to do this for you if you choose to have me send the stock directly to Joel for refinishing).
I am offering as a package the following:
- The Custom SSG .300 RUM w/ Mag (round count ~150)
- Cabelas "Bullet Proof" 62" aluminum case
- ~170 pieces of prepped once fired (some unfired) Remington .300 RUM brass
- Forester Full Length Sizing Die with neck custom honed neck for .002" neck tension with above brass.
- Forster Ultra Micrometer Seating Die.
Approximately $4000 invested in the rifle alone. Asking $3500
for the package, shipped to your FFL in the lower 48 (where legal, your FFL must accept shipments from private parties). Will accept USPS money orders (may consider other forms of certified funds).
A HUGE thank you to Joel Russo
for his generous offer to completely refinish the stock with a clearcoat finish for the buyer at HALF the usual price. To sweeten the deal further, I will write the check to Joel to cover the remainder of the refinishing cost
. That's removal of the current finish, removal of the scratches, sealing the wood, 9-10 coats of clear, and wet sanding to the buyers choice of a gloss or matte finish by the best in the biz -- all FREE for the buyer of this rifle! If you haven't seen one of Joel's clearcoat finishes, you're missing out. They look amazing.
I am open to considering the following for full or partial trade:
- High-end FFP Mil/Mil rifle scope (USO, S&B, Premier, etc)
- Higher end tactical style magazine fed .308 bolt-action rifle
- A .22 bolt-action rifle done up as a "trainer"
- An AR-15 16" barreled carbine, preferably mid-length gas system, that would do well on the "The List" at m4carbine.net - ie, Colt, BCM, LMT, etc.
If you have any questions about the rifle, first please check the link at the top of this page -- then feel free to PM or email me.
Thanks for looking.