Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

U.S. Optics riflescope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Bronze Member

U.S. Optics riflescope

Gents,
Have a brand-spankin'-new (i.e. never been put in rings) U.S.O. 3.8 x 22 riflescope in std. black matte w/ a 35mm main tube, 58mm forward objective, 4" sunshade, honeycomb diffuser, and illuminated Mil-Dot reticle. The thing doesn't have a blemish on it! Would love to keep it but don't want to wait for the rings to come available from Badger Ordnance late this spring. Send $2300 and the scope is yours!

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

Re: U.S. Optics riflescope

Why are they your only option for rings?

I guess you need heavy duty steel ones, right?
[Reaching for wallet] You wouldn't happen to be a betting man would you?
Impossible means not done YET!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Bronze Member

Randy,
Every time I fly to another part of the country, I detach the rings and scopes from my rifles and put them in my carry-on bag. I started doing this after opening a rifle case two years ago that went from Texas to New York and found that the case had been dropped so hard, that the padding on the inside had compressed to the point where the rig impacted the outside aluminum shell . . . the scope was badly damaged and the airline never compensated me for it. At any rate, this practice precludes using U.S.O.'s rings, since re-mounting the scope and getting back to original settings is such an operation. With B.O. rings, however, I just slap the scope back on the rifle and pick up right where I left off prior to making the flight. Now, Marty at B.O. said he had a pair for me when I ordered the scope, but when I called back, he already sold them and said he wouldn't have anymore until late this spring at the earliest. This has left me so frustrated that I've decided to sell the scope and go back to using a Nightforce!

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Why don't you buy a pair of USoptics 35mm rings they're about the same price and BO?
Old 01-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Bronze Member

SR90,
As I explained above, U.S.O.s rings are a real nightmare for those of us who frequently detach our rings/scopes from our rifles, as neither side of the clamp (teeth) is fixed, as it is in all other rings by every other manufacturer.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Silver Member

I agree that US OPTIC ring is not easy .
if you remove your scope of your base = you loose you ZERO .

IOR VALADA make good and strong 35 mm steel ring with only one side cut to removefrom the weaver rail .

good shooting

DANTEC
Old 01-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Silver Member

I totally disagree on the USoptics rings. If you mark the position of the screw on both sides and only undo one side then the return to zero is right on.