Well guys, I am going to have Kirby build me a 338 Allen Mag, so I am going to have to sell one of my beloved rifles. The following rifle was built by David Tooley and only has about 200 rounds fired through her. Her barrel was broken in correctly and she was cleaned after barrel brake in every 10 to 15 shots. She is a beautiful and well kept rifle. I wish I could keep her, but in order to afford another rifle, I need to sell one, here are the specs;
1. Chamber-6.5x284 290nk
2. BAT 8.5, 1.55 dia. Round Action, single shot
3. Hart 28" 1-8.5 twist barrel, with custom flutes, 1.250 tappered too 1.050 at the muzzle.
4. McMillan Tooley MBR stock, Green and White marbel, it also has a detachable stud at the front for bipod use.
5. Custom muzzle brake
6. Jewell 2oz Trigger
7. Davidson base with 20 MOA added
8. Rifle weight is around 17 lbs and is set up for 1000 yard bench rest.
This rifles favorite load is with a Lupa 139grn scenar, 52.5 grains N-165, Federal 210 M Primers, Lupa Brass, with the velocity at 2900fps. My current best 3 shot group at 100 yards is .093 and have many targets to prove this rifles accuracy. I have also done testing with the 142 Sierra Match King and have the targets and load data for these bullets aswell, my best three shot group with the 142 MK is .117, however, this rifle loves the 139grn Scenar. I know this rifle can shoot even better. This rifle will shoot in the .1's all day long, and like I said have the data and targets to prove it. I have a log book with all the loads I have tested, I settled on the 139grn Scenar because it was so darn accurate.
The rifle will also come with;
1. Redding full length sizer die
2. Custom Wilson seater die
3. About 100 Loaded rounds
4. Lupa brass shot once and twice that have been prepped, necks turned, primer pockets uniformed, flash holes deburred, ready for loading.
5. K&M neck turning equipment already set up for turning necks.
6. New box of 100 139grn Scenars
7. About 170, 142grn Sierra Match Kings
I am asking $3500.00 for everything, she is brand new and beautiful. If anyone one is interested let me know. My e-mail is, firstname.lastname@example.org
, I will try to post picks. If you have any questions, please ask.
Thanks, Jake, a.k.a Wildcat