Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Need to Sell this week 338 EDGE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Need to Sell this week 338 EDGE

R R Guns from Ulysses, KS did all the work on it. I purchased it from him and havent ever shot it to get an idea how well it will shoot. Not sure what you mean by smells funny but if you would explain I would like to know. Here is the auction you guys are I assume are talking about

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=237775493

That is correct. It was on there awhile ago.

Last edited by Sloverado; 10-08-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

I think what he means he finds it strange you listed that as a mcmillan style stock and not a bell and carlson which could be.misleading and if you more than one 338 edge you would know the difference. not to mention that if you have 120 pieces of once fired brass somehow y must have shot the rifle and would have an idea of the groups it is capable of. u.less that brass was fired in a different rifle which would be even worse. I believe the gist of what he is saying is you bought some bullshit on gunbroker and you are trying to pass it along to someone else
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Just seems odd that it has been seen on gunbroker and then you didn't even know what stock it was just generalized it as a mcmillian A5 style stock... which it is. But you don't seem to know intimate details about it... raises some suspicion. That something funny is going on and obviously I'm not the only one that is picking up on it

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Bronze Member

Yes I have once fired brass. I bought it off of here (300 rum brass) and not going to use it. I bought all Nosler brass and am happy with it. And yes at one time I had 3 Edge's. Here is one I sold to another member MCR 338-300 aka 338 Edge and he will vouch that I am a reliable person. So please dont say that I bought some bs stuff and trying to sell it because neither of these are near that. I have a sporter weight barrel Edge I still shoot. I have am sorry I listed as a McMillan style stock I will make change of it because I am not trying to miss lead anyone. Im a pretty standup person and learn stuff from you guys everyday.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Silver Member

Hey guys, I'll step in and stick up for Ryan. I'm the one who bought the other Edge from him, Ryan sold me the gun and waited until I had the funds, he shipped it as soon as the payment was sent and provided tracking. Everything went smoothly without one problem. He also had this for sale at the same time and what he stated in the above description is what he told me, he did make a goof on the stock description but let him correct it. I talked to him several times on the phone and he explained to me why he needed to sell it.
He does own a couple 338's so I'd give him a chance.
IF you want to get a good reference for him shoot me an email and I'll be happy to do it.
By the way Ryan, the gun shoots great. I had a chance to test it out yesterday and was very impressed! Kevin at MCR does fantastic work.
If you want to sell the 300 gr bullets let me know. I'm going to need some.

Dustin

Last edited by loosesniper2000; 10-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.