Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.


Reply

L.A.R. Grizzly 45wm with conversion kits...

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 4422′44″N 1082′35″W
Posts: 3,852
Re: Buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
Mike,

No offense but I respectfully agree with Dick's (or LRH's) interpretation, in this case the OP is the supplier. A "supplier" is "an organization or person that provides a product or service."

V/R

Ed
I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.
__________________
Mike

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 21
Re: Buyers beware!

I think Mike has a good point. We all have to trust one another on the classified forum and when that trust is violated we should have some way of warning others of dishonest behavior.

I've been collecting for over 30 years and buying/selling on the "web" since all there was only rec.guns in the news groups. If there has ever been an issue all it has taken is a email to resolve it.

Maybe we could get a forum for Good trades/bad/trades for a way to leave feedback?

Just asking..................






Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 4,536
Re: Buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.
Mike,

I too understand your point! However, the warning has been noted and established by wamin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamin
8) There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.
Addressed or not, it is always there (caveat emptor - buyer beware). If a buyer has a question, ask, like what BigTex1300 did. Sometimes, we jump into conclusion rather too quickly because we are trying to beat everyone else to what appears to be a great deal ... in this case a risk.

I am not in any means condoning what has transpired but it is not LRH's responsibility to resolve the issue in question per this post. The individual seller and buyer has the ultimate responsibility of their actions in the transaction. Now if LRH sold the product or service or one of the sponsors, that would be a different story.

Again, it is sad that this happened but I understand the site's rule. Cheers!

Ed
__________________

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.



"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.

Last edited by FEENIX; 01-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yakima, Washington
Posts: 3,833
Re: Buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
The Guy is not a supplier or a manufacturer he is an individual that has apparently set out to falsely advertise what he has. You are a moderator but I don't interprite this as being a violation of the rule you are referencing.
I don't write the site rules but I do know the reason and intent for having the rule mentioned. If you've been around here very long and have read all threads and posts of a similar nature you would know how they can and do end up.

Simply because you pick a word that doesn't match the words in a site rule exactly doesn't negate the reason for the rule in the first place and mean that it's a free for all because it's not an exact match. There is a reason for the rule and it's to maintain the site as it has been.

Whether it's a "supplier or manufacturer" or an "individual" who is falsely advertising an item, the rule applies and the possibility for detrimental effects on the site are the same.

If you disagree and think this thread and all similar ones between those that aren't "suppliers or manufacturers", or any others that aren't an exact match for the wording in the rule, should contain anything anybody wants then please feel free to voice your opinions to Len.
__________________
ss7mm
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yakima, Washington
Posts: 3,833
Re: Buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
I can certainly see that point of view. However when I think supplier I don't think of an individual selling a personal item. My biggest problem with it is that we as a shooting community can not warn others of bad dealings. If we can not warn others of bad experience then we are creating a safe haven for people that want to misrepresent and sell their items. Most dealings on this site are based on eachothers word and I know most of us have had great luck with that I hate to see that go away. But I am not a moderator and have 0 say that's just my interpretation and opinion.
I don't disagree with what you're saying but I will say that a transaction went sour and it's been discussed extensively. This thread could have been locked already for some of the content but I let it go because I also agree that we need to stick together and warn others. It's still here and we all know about the "bad guy". Don't degrade it to a point where it's not beneficial to all that read it and can learn something from it about dealing with people on the internet. A huge majority of the dealings on this site go perfectly but we also need to realize that not all go perfectly.
__________________
ss7mm
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Re: L.A.R. Grizzly 45wm with conversion kits...

Hey wamin... id still buy that rusty old 10mm conv. Kit... from ya....haha
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 4422′44″N 1082′35″W
Posts: 3,852
Re: Buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post

Simply because you pick a word that doesn't match the words in a site rule exactly doesn't negate the reason for the rule in the first place and mean that it's a free for all because it's not an exact match. There is a reason for the rule and it's to maintain the site as it has been.
Not trying to pick a fight or be petty. I thought your post was an exact quote of the rules. I didn't go back and read them. I was Just questioning the intended definition of the rule. But it is What it is. I don't know wamin nor had I ever heard of him before this thread. So I don't have a horse in this race. My only concerns are for the good of the group. But you are the moderator so what you say goes wiether I agree with it or not. I do have a question though.
Has it ever been discussed to add a rating system to each profile or maybe a minimum number of posts required before being able to post in the classifieds?
__________________
Mike

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: L.A.R. Grizzly 45wm with conversion kits...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starter Kits for first time reloaders! Laker_Taker Equipment Discussions 6 07-22-2011 07:22 PM
WTB Gun kits TallSDYoteHunter Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc. 1 03-22-2011 11:16 AM
Dillon Square D conversion kits levers Reloading Equipment and Components 1 07-28-2010 10:10 PM
Re-loading Kits? Porter Reloading 8 12-07-2008 08:07 PM
2 bedding kits $25 shipped 7mmSendaro Other Stuff For Sale 2 02-10-2008 08:06 AM

Current Poll
Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?
Yes - 47.26%
915 Votes
No - 52.74%
1,021 Vote
Total Votes: 1,936
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC