Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Hunt swap.....swap Hunts!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hunt swap.....swap Hunts!!

deer elk what.
not that I have time to go and hunt where you are or do I have time to guide this year. I might be able to point you to a few spots in Idaho for hunting. If you could draw a unit 14 or 18 mule deer tag in Idaho you can self guide your'self. I dont know if they are open to out of staters though you would have to check into it. It isn't really hunting if you dont want it to be it is just killing. If you want to hunt you can put what you want into it and kill what ever hopes in front of you. Also look into a Unit 11 Elk tag. They are alot more of a hunt but is a great place for elk hunting. doub't you will get it though. you get to hunt bulls in the end of the rut though with a rifle.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Silver Member

how bout an elk hunt, either cow or bull with me and another guy, in my camper in colorado, for the second season ?
all ya gotta do is get here, chip in for the grub, buy your tag, pay for processing, and have fun !

here's my bull from 2005 season, shot at 402 yards with a 300 wsm.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Hi splattermattic. I am going to go to college down in Colorado next fall. What is the hunting like? Is everything draw only?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

splattermatic, Colorado sounds interesting. What unit do you hunt? What town is it near? I've bow hunted in units 56 and 57 before. Are you guys hunting private or public land?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

unit 751, east of bayfield, co. and west of pagosa springs, on hwy 160. north side. public land, nat. forest.

unit is over the counter tags.
building a 338 edge just for a certain spot in this unit, shots to 800 yards up the mountains side to feeding elk in the oak brush.

i'm in new mexico, but drawing my own state is hard.
so i go next door for a little bit more money, but know i'm going hunting every year...
screw nm.......
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Bronze Member

How long have you guys been hunting that unit? What is the hunting pressure like? "Ball Park figure" how many bulls do you guys see in a day. Not trying to beat you up with questions, but I am just trying to do a little homework. I'll answer any and all questions you may have about my place, or any other questions you may have about hunting in the MS delta. I'm 36 and have been hunting numerous spots in the delta and the edge of "the hills" since I was around 8 years old.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Silver Member

3 years now,
and it's public hunting so pressure is tough in some spots, and nothing in another just down the road.
animals depend on the weather, we are not hunting high, elevation where we hunt is about 9,000 feet. so if the weather is nasty early the migration happens early, this isn't a hunt of a lifetime with monster bulls, running amuck.
this past season, 6 of us from www.falfiles.com got together for a otc tag cow hunt, i missed 2, and 1 didn't shoot,(english guy who flew over, and wasn't comfortable with the shot), and 2 got cows..myself and another guy, were there just for having fun, weren't too serious about killin, were best friends, and just hung out at camp alot..
the otc bull tags are good for more units, than a unit specific cow tag.
we have another spot where the bull on page 1 came from.
didn't want to spend 500 bucks last season for a bull tag, so we all bought cow tags.
we did see 4 legal bulls during the 5 days of hunting.
this year, not sure if any will be back maybe 2 plus me and a friend who lives close.
the one guy out of texas who came, didn't fair too well with the altitude, so he's doubtful, my best friend is is an investor/works for lwrc in va., so he may or may not be here this year. life is changing for him, so we'll see ...
we all look at this hunt as a get together for friends to have a good time, and do some hunting, bs round the fire at night, laugh, play uno til wee hours of the night..etc..
we do see and kill elk, but to me it's not needed...
i've killed tooooooo many things in my life, friends are slipping away way toooo fast....at this age.... so time spent together makes even more memories.....to last when were gone...
we need to talk in person ...send me an email or pm, or whatever with your number and i'll call you, on my dime...
it's great hunt, good food, (all actually gained weight), comfortable camp, plenty of game, awesome scenery, etc...
i'll post a link later to all pics and stories from the falfilers elk hunt from this past season.