Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member

How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH

LongRangeHunting.com now has a new feature that has been added to make it easier for our members to post pictures. You can now upload pictures directly from your computer to the LRH site. You no longer have to first upload them to a picture hosting site, like PhotoBucket, and then link to that site in order to get your pictures to show up.

This is a step by step thread to show the process of how to not only directly upload pictures from your computer to LRH, but to also show you how to include text with the pictures.

If you want to start your thread or post with some text just simply enter it as you normally would and for our purposes here this text will show what to do before posting a picture.

Now, if you want to post a picture, just scroll down below this edit box to the "Additional Options" area and you will see a box that says "Manage Attachments". You can also get the "Manage Attachments" window to open up by clicking on the small "paper clip" icon at the top of the normal edit window and then by clicking on the "Manage Attachments" option at the top of the small window that opens up. Just click on the "Manage Attachments" box and another window will open up as shown below.
How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-21-2011-12.20-pmscreenhunter_.jpg

You will notice some empty boxes on the left and to the right some boxes that say "Browse". If you click on the "Browse" box to the right of the first open box it will let you go through the directories on your computer and find the picture you want to upload to LRH. Double click on the picture's location in your computer directory that you want to upload to LRH and the location of that picture will appear in the empty box. It will look something like this.
How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-21-2011-01.10-pmscreenhunter_.jpg

Now just click on the "Upload" box at the bottom right of the open boxes where you just put your picture location and the picture will be uploaded to LRH. The Manage Attachments window will now change and you will notice that the picture will have been uploaded and will display as a line of info. It should look something like this and will show as "Current Attachments". Now just close the "Manage Attachments" window.
How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-21-2011-01.24-pmscreenhunter_.jpg

Now that you have a picture uploaded directly to LRH and you want to put it into a post just use the small icon at the top of the edit box that looks like a "paper clip". When you click on the "paper clip" icon it will give you a list of your "Current Attachments" and will look like this.
How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-21-2011-01.35-pmscreenhunter_.jpg

When you click on one of the attachments it will be put into your post where your cursor is. After you have done this your edit window where you put the attachment will show something like this ( [ATTACH]999[ATTACH] ) which will show that the attachment has been put into your post. Don't worry that the picture doesn't show in the edit window. When you preview your post by clicking on the "Preview Post" box the post with all of your text as well as the picture will then show up.

You can also place your picture either to the left, the right or centered by clicking and dragging your cursor over the [ATTACH]999[ATTACH] info and this will highlight it. You can then use the three options in the edit window above to place the picture where you want it. Choosing the location will look something like this in which you will see the attachment info highlighted and you can also see the three location choices with the left hand choice being chosen.
How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-21-2011-02.11-pmscreenhunter_.jpg

You can upload up to 5 pictures as attachments. Note that at the bottom of the attachments list is the option to "Insert All". You can use this to upload and insert all of your pictures at one time if you wish. You can simply put all of your text in and then put all of the pictures at the bottom or you can put them in your text anywhere you want by simply uploading them as attachments and then putting your cursor where you want the picture to appear and then click on the "Paper Clip" icon and select the one you want inserted. It will appear where your cursor was and you can then continue, the choice is up to you as to where the pictures will appear.

You will notice that in some of the pictures, when you roll your cursor over them, the little "hand" will appear in place of your normal cursor. This means that the picture has been reduced by the site software so that larger pictures will not force some members to scroll to the right and left. If you want to see the picture full size just place your cursor on the picture, it will change to a hand (on my computer ), and then if you click on the picture it will be displayed full size.

If there is anything we can do to help you if you run into difficulties with this just let us know and we'll get it working for you.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Silver Member

Re: How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH

Now, I have on a red and green sock and have decided to master this posting picture thing! First , I can't find the paper clip. I asked my wife to help and she said there was a whole bag of them in the drawer under the computer. I can't find the drop down menu and believe me, I am an expert at finding menus. My wife will also vouch for that, she's been trying to get me to weight watchers for years. The last picture that I posted, I had to E-mail to Len and waste his time to get it added to my post. Len , I apoligize for that but you must admit that with the 4 page by 6 page size of the picture I posted ,you really could see the detail of the set screw we were trying to look at. Why that little screw was as clear as a 4 inch grade eight bolt on a bulldozer track. Didn't need my bifocals to see the detail.. I spent nearly half of a rainy day trying to figure it out to no avail and I musta read the previous thread on posting till the edges of the pages were getting wore off. It just wouldn't work with my computer. The forcast is for rain for the next week so expect to start seeing an ocasional picture with some of my posts. ( If I don't spend all my time reading all the other great articles)

Phil Conklin
Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member

Do you see any icons above the box where you input your text or do you just see something like this?

How to upload pictures directly from your computer to LRH-apr.-22-2011-03.06-pmscreenhunter_.jpg
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Silver Member

I get all the icons except the paper clip,The little smile face is there and then the two small arrows but the paper clip is missing between them. In the second row is the yellow "insert image" icon that comes up with enter URL of your image.
I'm going to read the instructions again and will eventually figure it out. I got kids, I can figure out anything!!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Don't know why you don't have the paper clip but you can scroll down the page and use the "Manage Attachments" box and do the same thing.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

there is no "manage attachments" either.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

I just gave this a go in the test section and it worked great but when I'm posting in this forum then I have no attachment button either. Also don't have the manage attachments in this forum but I do in the test forum.
Worked great in the test forum!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"