Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Re: Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The Long One, you mention something about pretecting newbies on the board from paying for stuff? As numbers dictate you are a newbie as well. I don't know who you are, but you seem to immediately go after something you don't know about. Why? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My member # has nothing to do with how new I am.And who I am is not at question here..I was a part of this forum long before you came..You asked me WHY??If you paid that much for the gun I am sorry.The reason I went after it as you say.Is because I hate to see someone get the shaft on something that can be bought for near half the price...I said I was done with this thread.The only reason I posted is because you directed a ? at me....I hope you sell the rifle....

Unread 08-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

Whatever, this topic is over for me.
a whisper from this little friend of mine goes a lot way.
Unread 08-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Bronze Member

This was posted earlier by someone else, but some of you guys need to read this again or take a basic economics class: The price of an item is whatever someone will pay for it. This is true for guns, art, cars, homes, jewelry - whatever. Most folks here - even "newbies" - will most likely do some basic research on what they are thinking about buying before dropping the cash needed for a custom or even high-end factory firearm. If they don't then they must have enough cash that price is not a decision factor for them.

I have seen sniper rifle collectors pay over 100% blue book for a Parket Hale sniper that was rebarreled with a Winchester tube. They gun is 50% or less by blue book standards, but that is what they paid. Price wasn't a significant decision factor for them. I think they were nuts.

Pre-ban assault weapons have been priced all over the map - I have seen HK 91's and 93's in near new conditon go anywhere from $1500 to $2500. To some folks they are worth $2500 - to others they aren't.

How about the Porsche Cayenne Turbo - $80K for a freaking mini-SUV looking pseudo station wagon with a hopped up engine?? No way in hell its worth $80K to me, but I have seen quite a few folks driving them. Should I snipe Porsche for trying to sell these cars to some poor "newbie" car buyer??

The market will dictate what the price of something is - if the price is too high for current conditions it won't sell. Once it is priced accordingly, it will. It doesn't take a group of armchair quarterbacks to snipe someone's for sale post under the rubric of saving some "newbie" some money.

Chris Jamison - good bye, good luck, and good riddance.

Len - Keep up the good work - its a shame that a few bad apples have to dictate more rules for everyone, but that is life unfortunately. Luckily, the majority of the civil types don't need the rules dictated to them because they already know what the right thing to do is. This is a very informative board for both new shooters and old salts alike - and I have learned a great deal here thanks to many of the more informed and experienced hunters/shooters here. I hope that most folks realize the value of this and can live with not sniping on other for sale posts when they don't have any interest in the transaction. It seems like a common sense, insignificant policy, especially when you get the benefit of all kinds of experiences and opinions from a wide variey of folks witha similar passion.

Unread 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM

Nighthawk, first off I want to say that my post was not about you or the rifle. I personally do not know what is cost since I did not build it. It is not my business anyway. I was only refering to the issue of whether or not people have the right to post opinions.

Len, although you and I had differing opionions of this issue, I respect your opions and rules. You have your reasons and I understand, respect, and accept them. Your point of view as well as the responsibility of this site is not mine. So to quote one of my Father's sayings and one from my Mother...

"Grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his shoes" and "My house, my rules!" can figure which was dad and which was mom.

I'm not leaving the forum (the thought never even crossed my mind)and I hope Chris reconsiders. I think this site is the best by far, you have done a lot to welcome new people. A lot of great information is available to all.

Thank You,
Unread 08-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member

Whoa fella's!

NightHawk say's he's done with the thread.

Len would prefer we not bicker on this board and his morning toast suffers when we do.

Ian has a itchy "nuke a thread" left mouse button and I'll bet Mighty Mouse is hanging around somewhere.

It's a big old world we live in and there is bound to be something that irritates us ocassionally and this thread got a few folks fired up but let's let it die.

Unread 08-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Bronze Member

I'll bet that it would cost over six grand to duplicate this rifle, that is, the EXACT SAME rifle. All of the examples given that could be built for less used different components. So the cheaper models may be functionally the same but they are NOT the same item.
"The fair market value of an item is what a willing seller and a willing buyer agree on, on a given day."
Unread 08-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Silver Member

dear SCL
I don t think to have write any thing again the SN9 for sale on this board and on this subject even if that a fact I have get serious troubles in the past with USO , I have write nothing again ....

If some other doesn't agree my opignion on this rifle cost / price wich is not the same , why not ,but one thing is sure if you are happy to spend $$$$$$$ why not

Enjoy the longrangehunting board but always enjoy real fact first