Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Silver Member
Re: Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

The Long One, where do you figure that I'm trying to sell something for twice that its worth. Have you recently looked at the price of a USO SN-9? They aren't cheap. The stock was a Weatherby and it was from their custom shop. I was paying $ for their time and effort to sell a product. Same for the barrel. It took Pac Nor quite awhile for everything that I wanted on there to be put on there and I don't blame them for that. If you take away the price of the scope and extras the rifle isn't that bad for cost.
By the way Len, thank you.
Chris, tell me what it is that you think is BS? I don't sell things for less than what I payed for them, that would be stupid.

[ 08-08-2004: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]
a whisper from this little friend of mine goes a lot way.

Unread 08-08-2004, 02:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The Long One, where do you figure that I'm trying to sell something for twice that its worth. Have you recently looked at the price of a USO SN-9? They aren't cheap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No I have'nt look at the price of a broken USO scope lately...the scope as you described is not worth a plugged nickle as far as I see it.Good luck selling the gun...You will find some sucker to but it I'm sure...Maybe Len will.He does not seem to have a problem with the price..
Unread 08-08-2004, 03:28 PM

Just because you got screwed on the price of building a rifle doesen't mean you should pass it on to some other poor sucker.
You can call it what you want, but Dantec already pointed out that you could build this rifle for about half of what Nighthawk is asking. Now, if you or someone else wants to fork over the cash, go ahead..Some people are born with more sense than money.
SCL--You stated your opinion and I stated mine. Mine, however, is worth considerably more than $.02. Actually, it is worth a couple of grand to anyone thinking about purchasing this particular rifle. The prices are out there--
You can find a donor Weatherby action for about $6-700... $550 max for the barrel and smith work and $400 for a HS or McMillan stock---You do the math. Even if you add a broken USO scope to the equation, there is no way it totals $5800. If he paid ythat much, I guess there is a sucker born every day.
Unread 08-08-2004, 03:34 PM

Ok, as clearly as I can say it here is the new rule for responses to items offered in the Buy-Sell forum:

If you don't have a legitimate interest in or a question about an item you may wish to purchase stay out of the thread.

Do not try to bad-mouth or question values of someone else's sale item. If you want to complain about the item to the seller, do it by email.

I have no idea as to the replacement value of this item and it makes no difference to my point and to this new rule.
- -
Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Unread 08-08-2004, 03:41 PM

Cool--More Rules
Len---Please accept my withdrawal of my membership from Longrange Hunting--As Larry said after I invited him to come over a while back--You have dropped the ball.
This board is following a very similar path that was followed over on Hunt America(censorship)--the main reason you started this board--I have been with you from the beginning, but I feel its time for me to move on...Good Luck.
Unread 08-08-2004, 03:57 PM

blblglbgfb fgkmilujj gfhgfhgfh ghgfhghg
hggfhghghl fhhgh opuiyffdh hykukgjgfj

My wife says I have no the above text is me speaking through my filter!
Unread 08-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Len....I approve and applaud your decision. Rules of some type are the only thing that keeps most people civil. Obviously some people don't think they should have to abide by any rules. If that is their opinion, then let them spend their own time and money and run their own board. They won't and we all know it. They will just migrate somewhere else and try to find some place where they can do as they please. That's probably how they ended up here. I am new here, but I'm here because of people like some of the ones spouting off in this thread that I wouldn't put up with on other forums. It doesn't take too long on a forums such as this to read, and understand the poeple that post. Most show their true colors but they don't seem to understand that most everyone reads them like a book and knows what they are really like. I agree that if you don't have a direct interest is something for sale, then just shut up and let it be. I'm not someone's baby sitter and I don't want someone to be mine. Everyone should make up their own mind and if they are talking the kind of bucks mentioned here then they should already know what every thing costs and what they could build it for. Strange how people want to be involved in an activity and or sport that requires discipline, precision and lots of mind control and then they revert to out of control animals that end up pouting when everything doesn't go their way. If you read most threads on public forums like this you will see the typical people that only respond to something they can debate. They only respond to something that doesn't require a knowledgable answer. You never see them post original, technical, helpful threads because that would be civil and decent. Things like this may not seem like much, but I believe that by your actions you understand that something as seemingly simple as this could destroy a board if left to fester and grow. Again, like some have said, just my $.02 worth. I know what my opinion goes for on the open market and I know what it would cost for me to replace it so no one needs to let me know if the price I put on my opinion is high or low.