Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

gunbroker deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 AM

gunbroker deal?

Hey guys

REMINGTON 40 XC stainless barrel .223 nice rifle : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

my buddy is selling his 40x, i would buy it if i had the funds...

is he realistics in the price?

thanks for the answers
Old 08-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

Re: gunbroker deal?

Seems a bit pricey to me. Looks pretty beat up in the pics, and it's a 223? Not sure what the demand is for that particular gun, but he will find out when or if he gets some bids?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

The problem many have when selling their prized possessions is they try to collect on their emotional attachment which no one else shares. When coming up with market-price, a seller should look at what comparable items are selling for & ignore what they paid for an item as well as how they feel about it. If the item is worth more to a person than market-price, the person should keep it. If the market price is more than it's worth to the person the person should sell.

As an outsider, I see a rifle that was beat up, refinished & re-bareled. It may be a shooter, but it's neither pristine nor unique thus not a "collectable". For a field gun the price is too high. I think the price is about $300-$400 too high. It might sell, but not to me or any of my friends!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:18 PM

I think getting that price is a dream. If he really wants to know what its worth let him start the bidding a penny. That will determine the true market value. PS. I sell a lot on GB. I start all of mine at a penny.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post

... I see a rifle that was beat up, refinished & re-bareled... neither pristine nor unique. For a field gun the price is too high. I think the price is about $300-$400 too high. It might sell, but not to me or any of my friends!
What Buano said... Its nothing special.

He doesn't say what the round count is only that it is low. What is low? Low to me may be a different number to him. It was refinished (not very well). Re-barreled... any targets? Round count issue again, who did it? He is in my opinion wanting way too much for the rifle. It all boils down to the only usable thing that I would be buying is the action, and it looks like its about wore out... So in my opinion I would say NO, WAY TOO MUCH!!! Just my opinion though...BK
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Gold Member

I agree with everyone. He is way too high on that rifle.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Yep, I wish I could sell some of the actions I have for $1000. Like I posted earlier, when it all boils down thats all you are buying, and it looks like its very worn... even the old trigger has a lot of age... just not worth it when you can buy a doner action for $400-$500 (remington) HECK for that amount you can get a WHOLE rifle!